The Program Analyst supports the mission of Life Chiropractic College West by assuring the quality of the clinical education experience of students in the Health Center. The Program Analyst serves a highly visible role working in collaboration with faculty, students, administration and Institutional Research in the collection and analysis of credible data that informs policy, practices and decisions for the clinical education of the college. The Program Analyst reports to the Department Chair of Clinical Education, and collaborates with the institutional data management team to develop and deploy methodologies and tools that support the collection and management of high quality data.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Create and maintain assessment instruments in Qualtrics that measure the educational excellence of the clinical experience of students
- Gather and compile the data of student progress and performance during their time in the Health Center
- Collaborate with Director of Clinic Competency to build, maintain, and collect Clinic Exams data electronically
- Collect data, perform analyses, and author reports that inform continuous improvement of Health Center QA policies and procedures
- Provide timely analyses and reports to interns, faculty, and the Health Center administration
- Develop, use, and maintain query tools and templates for accessing data and other databases
- Establish and maintain database related to student success including clinical and assessment requirements.
- Exchanges information with a wide variety of college staff regarding data needs related to research and planning; provides technical information to other users as assigned
- Assist in the coordination, development, and maintenance of decision-making support and reporting systems and procedures according to college needs, goals, and objectives
- Use system reports and analyses to identify potentially problematic data, make corrections, and determine root cause for data problems from input errors and suggest possible solutions
- Provide recommendations to the creation and revision of Quality Assurance (QA) policies and procedures to assure compliance with accreditation standards and the achievement of the Health Center mission and goals
- Provide and document the training and remediation of training, as indicated, with the tools and methods used for the data collection by Health Center faculty, staff, and students
- Produce exception reports which identify aberrant, erroneous and deficient data entries in the HC clinic operations are compliant with all federal, state, and local regulations, standards and licensing.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Data Analytics, the Institutional Research Department and the Director of Assessment and Educational Effectiveness to develop and deploy processes and tools that collect data of high quality within the Health Center that integrates with the individual academic records maintained in the SIS system
- Ensure confidentiality of all QA data and reports.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assumes additional responsibilities, performs special projects, and assists with other clinic duties as needed or requested.
- Serve on appropriate clinic, and college, committees as necessary and requested.
- Exhibits student centeredness in performance of all job duties.
- Treats all others with respect; understands the impact of culture/background on the behavior of others; respects differences among the Life community and demonstrates inclusive behavior.
- Delivers work products and services to customers in a way that reflects positively upon the department and the College.
Education, Training and Experience
- Baccalaureate, or higher, degree.
- Minimum of two years (2) experience in operational and/or program analysis, working with data management systems for data collection, quality assurance, and/or assessment.
- Demonstrated advanced skills in MS Office suite, including formulas, pivot tables and knowledge of Excel macros
- Demonstrated skills in survey platforms, such as Qualtrics
- Skill in the use and application of at least one statistical programming language such as SPSS
- Strong assessment, organizational, analytical and written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of HIPAA and FERPA regulations
- Knowledge of computer programming languages, and analytical dashboard applications
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Model integrity, character, and leadership for providing excellence in chiropractic to humanity.
- Consistently utilize effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Maintain mental concentration for extended periods of time.
- Effectively manage time and priorities and to complete multiple duties with different time deadlines
- Implement and manage change for colleagues, peers, and superiors.
- Exhibit attitude of respect and professionalism when training faculty, staff and students
- Advanced formula and macro usage in spreadsheet and databases
- Work independently with little supervision; prioritize work and meet schedules
- Nature of work requires an ability to operate standard business office equipment.
- Requires ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile and prepare work documents, set-up and maintain work files.
- Much time is spent concentrating on CRT identifying and updating information and performing some data entry.
- Must be able to lift 10 lbs., retrieving and placing materials on high shelves and on floor-level shelves; standing, walking, carrying, grasping, hearing, seeing, sitting, kneeling, climbing, balancing, stooping, crouching, and reaching.
- Work performed in a general office environment. Working hours can be arranged between employee and supervisor and 50% of work can be performed remotely.