Youth Activities Staff, Athletics and Recreation
Youth Activities Staff are responsible for implementing fun filled games and activities for campers ages 5-11 during camp programming, providing exceptional customer service during birthday parties, managing field trip groups who visit the facility throughout the year and ensuring the safety of all participants in our facility.
The job responsibilities include the following:
- Provide excellent customer service to program participants and parents.
- Ability to plan and execute structured lesson plans for campers ages 5-11.
- Ability to encourage participation through age appropriate skills and instruction.
- Ability to evaluate camper progress and help their development.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and training sessions
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively work in the department.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
- Current or previous CPR/AED/First Aid certification or ability to obtain certification.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience working with children ages 5-11.
- High School diploma & some college experience
- Previous work with a licensed childcare facility
- Sport coaching experience
- Part time varied
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Resume or application
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.