Stationary Eng 2 - Prem Pay
Working Title Stationary Engineer 2 - Prem Pay
Eastern Washington University is currently seeking a Stationary Engineer 2- Premium Pay. This position is responsible for overall operation and maintenance of a high pressure heating plant consisting of one or more boilers up to 150 h.p. each or tending high pressure power boiler system consisting of two or more boilers over 150 h.p. each. The successful candidate must be able to exercise independent judgment and decisions concerning operations and safety activities of the steam heating plant.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees' Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Successful candidate must be able to work in elevated ambient temperature.
This position requires a pre-placement physical and hearing test.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at [email protected]Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have NIULPE Second Class Stationary Engineers License or City of Spokane Stationary Engineer 2 License within 12 months of hire for continued employment.
- Possession of a valid drivers license is required.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Three years of experience in the operation, maintenance and/or repair of stationary or marine high pressure boilers and heating systems.
- Journeyman status as SteamFitter/Pipe Fitter, Millwright or HVAC/R Tradesman
- Certificate of completion of an advanced Stationary Engineer course from an accredited vocational/technical school or community college and two years of experience in the operation, maintenance and/or repair of stationary or marine high pressure boilers and heating systems.
One year of State service as a Stationary Engineer 1.
Other Skills and Abilities: