Fiscal Analyst 4
Working Title Fiscal Analyst 4/Payroll Supervisor
Eastern Washington University is currently seeking a Fiscal Analyst 4/Payroll Supervisor. The Payroll Supervisor directs payroll processes, procedures and analysis to ensure accurate and timely employee payments and vendor reporting, which includes federal and state tax reporting. This position performs senior level activities and is responsible for the supervision of staff in the payroll office and reports to the Payroll Manager which is within the Payroll section of the Office of Controller.
This is an open recruitment, three days' notice will be provided prior to closure of recruitment.
The candidate selected for this position will receive competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes: Highly subsidized health/dental plans, life and LTD insurance, a retirement plan, free STA bus transportation, a generous paid vacation and sick leave plan, 11 paid holidays, tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check prior to the first date of employment.
This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees' Collective Bargaining Agreement.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at [email protected]Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, or related fields of study
- Five years experience in payroll processing and reporting.
- Three years experience leading/directing support staff where you encourage a supportive team-oriented work environment.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- High level proficiency using enterprise level payroll systems, and ad hoc query tools or report writers. Advanced knowledge of spreadsheet functionality (e.g., MS Excel pivot tables, data filters, v-Look-ups, etc.)
- System administration experience with Ellucian Banner HR/Payroll module or similar ERP system.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and written communication skills, and work accurately with attention to detail.
- Experience interpreting and implementing applicable federal/state tax laws related to higher education.
Other Skills and Abilities: