Stage Manager - Float Schedule
Working Title Stage Manager - Floating Schedule
Eastern Washington University is currently seeking a Stage Manager.
Under the Supervision of the Director of Recreation and Athletic Facilities, the incumbent will be responsible for the overall supervision and operation of the Showalter Auditorium, Powers Reading Room, and for audio / visual requirements for Athletic Competitions, and Non-Student events around the campus.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU event and sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
Employee will maintain all required certifications during his/her employment at EWU.
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. The offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check prior to beginning employment.
This position is covered by the Washington Federation of State Employees' Collective Bargaining Agreement.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at [email protected]Required Qualifications:
- College degree with concentration in stage management, technical theater or related
- Three years of experience in stage craft, stage lighting, stage design and/or stage studio work
- Two years of experience as Stage Technician 2 or equivalent
- Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all minimum qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity
- Supervisory level experience at a higher education institution working with student employees.
- Experience working in Athletic Pavilions and Outdoor Stadiums.
- Experience designing sound delivery systems for various indoor and outdoor spaces.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Experience recruiting, training and supervising employees in lighting, stage management, theatre management and sound production.
- Experience in an institution of higher education or similar performing sound/light and event related duties.
- Customer service experience with clients related to light/sound/event management.
- Experience researching/ purchasing and installing light and sound equipment to meet the needs of various spaces.
- Experience with sound management in an outdoor athletic stadium and indoor Pavilion.