Senior Programmer Analyst - Radiology / Imaging
Senior Programmer Analyst - Radiology / Imaging-1803351
At Stony Brook Medicine, our Senior Programmer Analyst in the Radiology/Imaging Department will be a PACS Administrator who will be launching Stony Brook’s enterprise vendor neutral archive (VNA). This position will oversee the operation, security, maintenance and support of the VNA.
Duties of a Senior Programmer Analyst in the Radiology/Imaging Department may include the following but are not limited to:
This position is for a PACS Administrator. This position will work with a team to oversee the operation, security, integration, maintenance and support of the hospital’s PACS system as well as other imaging archives. Ensures the proper use of the system by the imaging and clinical staff. Assists clinicians with decisions regarding workflow. Candidate will support Stony Brook’s outside CD Image Importing system. This position will provide oncall support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with 3 years relevant experience
- In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, A.A.S. degree with minimum 5 years experience as stated above
- 2 years experience in diagnostic imaging management systems and imaging equipment in a medical imaging setting
- 2 years image workflow management
- 1 years experience project coordination and technical leadership for implementation and maintenance of imaging systems and equipment
- 3 years PACS, DICOM, HL7 experience required
- Must demonstrate knowledge of diagnostic imaging processes and terminology
- The candidate must have the ability to work with departments to enhance the various imaging systems to improve patient care and department workflows
- The candidate must have experience with vendor management and must be able to demonstrate outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent diagnostic skills are essential for this job.
- The candidate must be detail oriented, and have strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment are essential.
- Certified Imaging Informatics Professional (CIIP)
- Experience with the following sytems: lifeIMAGE, GE Centricity PACS, GE Centricity RIS-IC, Nuance PowerScribe 360
Special Notes: Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. All Hospital positions are subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary. This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
The selected candidate must successfully clear a background investigation. Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements: Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services (The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination), submit (3) written references, and provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s). Please be advised that failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
The best ideas in medicine start with the best people. At Stony Brook Medicine, our highest calling is to put the power of ideas to work in our patients’ lives. Stony Brook Medicine integrates and elevates all of our health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. Stony Brook Medicine is Long Island’s premier academic medical center. With 603 beds, we serve as the region’s only tertiary care center and Level 1 Trauma Center, and are home to the Stony Brook Heart Institute, Stony Brook Cancer Center, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, Stony Brook Neurosciences Institute, and Stony Brook Digestive Disorders Institute. We also encompass Suffolk County’s only Level 4 Regional Perinatal Center, state-designated AIDS Center, state-designated Comprehensive Psychiatric Emergency Program, state-designated Burn Center, the Christopher Pendergast ALS Center of Excellence, and Kidney Transplant Center. It is home of the nation’s first Pediatric Multiple Sclerosis Center.
Stony Brook University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. We are committed to the creation of a diverse and inclusive campus climate. We encourage protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, women and minorities to apply.
This function/position has been designated as “essential.” This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor’s Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected].
IF YOU NEED A DISABILITY-RELATED ACCOMMODATION, PLEASE CALL THE UNIVERSITY HUMAN RESOURCE SERVICES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 632-6161 OR THE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT (631) 444-4700.
IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TITLE II CRIME AWARENESS AND SECURITY ACT, A COPY OF OUR CRIME STATISTICS IS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST BY CALLING (631) 632-6350. IT CAN ALSO BE VIEWED ON-LINE AT THE UNIVERSITY POLICE WEBSITE AT http://www.stonybrook.edu/police
Official Job Title: Senior Programmer/Analyst
Job Field: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Integration & Ancillary App Support-Stony Brook University Hospital
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:30am-5:00pmIntegration & Ancillary App Support-Stony Brook University Hospital
Posting Start Date: Nov 1, 2018
Posting End Date: Dec 2, 2018, 12:59:00 AM
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Salary Grade: SL4