Part-Time Specialist III, Financial Aid
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-University Center at Montgomery
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-University Center, located in The Woodlands, is a partnership with several leading universities to provide unduplicated bachelor's degrees, master's degrees and continuing professional studies. Utilizing partnerships, seamless credit transfer programs, collaborative governance, shared facilities, interactive telecommunications, and "first stop" student services, we serve as the critical link for community development and individual opportunities.
Campus address is 3232 College Park Drive, The Woodlands, Texas 77384.
The PT Specialist III - Financial Aid is responsible for the timely completion of all financial aid applications, including FAFSA and scholarships and documentation. He or She assists with guidelines and documentation for satisfactory academic progress. He or She informs students of their Financial Aid Application status, helps students complete all necessary documentation/processes to assure the disbursement of the funds they're eligible for, and identifies any special circumstances that might qualify students for any additional Financial Aid.
- Assist students with the completion of all necessary documentation/processes
- Analyze documentation being turned in by students to ensure it is accurate and complete
- Record and scan documents that are received by the office to ensure our system office is aware and able to proceed in reviewing students account
- Inform students of their Financial Aid Application status including visiting classrooms to provide financial aid information
- Assist with demographic corrections; i.e., date of birth, name, or social security number
- Analyze fee charges for attendance
- Prepare appeals for the committee
- Identify any special circumstances a student might be enduring that could qualify him or her for any additional Financial Aid
- File and organize documents received to the office
- Stay up to date with the latest Financial Aid upgrades, terms, and conditions to be prepared for the annual Financial Aid workshops offered by our Institution to our community
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Attention to detail and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Commitment to promoting diversity in the work environment
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service, and providing dynamic climate for lifelong learning
- Ability to understand and perform complex oral and written instructions with little or no supervision
- Ability to perform detailed work rapidly and accurately
- Ability to plan, schedule, and manage projects, and assignments
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in a demanding work environment
- The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
$12.81 per hour
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are Word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- High school diploma or GED
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-The Woodlands
Work Locations: 3232 College Park Dr (0700) , 3232 College Park Dr , The Woodlands , 77384
Job: Financial Aid
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Nov 1, 2018, 5:16:58 PM