Coordinator I, Workforce Outreach
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
The Chronicle of Higher Education's "Great Colleges to Work For" is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-University Park
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow's workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, eight centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Founded in 2010, LSC-University Park is located on a 71-acre campus that includes the comprehensive Lone Star College campus along with Lone Star Corporate College, the LSC-Energy & Manufacturing Center, multiple university partners, a charter high school, several commercial tenants and much more creating the college of the future. LSC-UP's vision is to be nationally recognized as the model for the innovative college of the 21st century. LSC-UP's "Invitation to Innovate" (i2i) has resulted in local, national and international awards and recognitions, including one patent.
Campus address is 20515 SH 249 (SH 249 and Louetta Road) Houston, Texas 77070-2607.
The Coordinator I, Outreach assists supervisors and managers by ensuring the accomplishment of operational outcomes in processes or programs. The employee works with the Workforce Education, Student Services and College Relations departments to promote the college through functions and activities within our service area. Visits the campus to promote outreach and assist students with application process. Responsible for recruitment efforts at in the community for the adult study.
- Coordinate visits with Service Area school Community members to arrange appointments with students
- Coach prospective students regarding college program opportunities
- Attend College Fairs and community job fairs to display program information and coach prospective students regarding their educational goals
- Arrange roundtable meetings with ISO and community leadership to obtain feedback regarding enhancement and advancement of college credit and non-credit programs
- Manage and update reports regarding all outreach, meeting, and internal activities for supervisor
- Function as Workforce Academic Advisor during peak registration
- Volunteer and attend internal meetings in support of DEER
- Attend Student Services update and training sessions
- Responsible for other reasonable related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Excellent knowledge of general office and software applications
- Ability to prepare and analyze reports
- Possesses good organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize duties
- High level of customer service
- The work Is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending: carrying of Dght Items, such as papers, books, or small parts: or driving an automobile.
- No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Equipment used Includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You can only attach a maximum of five (5) files no larger than 2MB (2047 bytes) each. The total file capacity is 10MB. If your individual file exceeds the file limit, you will receive an error message. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are Word or pdf files.
You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
Duration of Job Posting:
Position posted until filled
- Associate's degree and at least 1 year of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance.
This includes 22-23 days paid holidays and up to 12 annual vacation days, full comprehensive benefits package, wellness program, professional development opportunities and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Houston
Work Locations: 20515 Highway 249 - LSC University Park (0800) , 20515 Highway 249 , Houston , 77070
Job: Student Services
Organization: System Office - 00
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Job Posting: Nov 1, 2018, 11:32:00 PM