Talent Acquisition Specialist
Job Description Summary
Human Resources provides Bentley faculty and staff with services and solutions in recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits, employee relations, policy development and interpretation, learning and development, labor relations, strategic organizational restructuring, change management and human resources information systems. Our work in these areas aligns with the University's mission and goals, helping Bentley make sound and strategic decisions about human capital while ensuring that all employees are treated with dignity and respect.
Reporting to the Manager of Talent Acquisition, the Talent Acquisition Specialist plays a role in recruiting staff positions in collaboration with the Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist/Human Resources Business Partner. The position works in a highly collaborative manner with Human Resources Business Partners and hiring managers to understand the clients' objectives and staffing needs. This position develops and executes customized sourcing and recruiting strategies generating a pipeline of qualified candidates for current and future nonexempt and exempt staff positions. This position handles the full life cycle of the recruitment process. The position works closely with hiring managers in creating skilled and diverse candidate pools, and assists in making the best hiring decision for each search. The position also acts as Bentley's representative at diversity job fairs and external networking events.
- Works closely with the Manager of Talent Acquisition on all diversity initiatives involving recruitment, including but not limited to: job fairs, diversity goals, recruitment strategies, and creating diverse candidate pools, etc.
- Conducts intake meeting with hiring manager/s to discuss the position, the ideal candidate, advertising venues and recruitment strategies and processes for the search.
- Develops appropriate screening criteria and assess resumes and applications, to pre-screen for hiring managers.
- Conducts initial phone screens to assess candidate skills, experience, salary requirements, availability and interest.
- Interviews candidates as requested by hiring managers and all finalist candidates as selected.
- Provides verbal or written feedback regarding candidates to hiring managers and other stakeholders.
- Validates all online applications for accuracy.
- Performs all necessary background checks for finalist candidates.
- Ensures that all recruiting processes are documented, consistent and efficient.
- Ensures that all successful candidates are on-boarded properly.
- Works with HR Business Partners and hiring managers to understand client departments' objectives and anticipates staffing needs.
- Develops and executes tactical sourcing strategies aimed at generating candidate flow to meet overall recruiting goals.
- Works toward building a skilled and diverse candidate pool for each search.
- Assists with the faculty hiring process as needed.
- Utilizes contemporary recruiting and sourcing tools such as job boards, social media, resume databases and search engines to identify active and passive candidates.
- Generates and maintains a pipeline of qualified candidates organized by skill set for current and future opportunities.
- Ensures that all sourcing initiatives reflect Bentley's commitment to diversity and are aligned to the overall Affirmative Action plan
Bachelor's Degree and 1-2 years of recruiting experience, or experience supporting a recruitment function within an in-house recruiting team.
Experience using on-line Applicant Tracking Systems.
Ability to learn sourcing techniques using contemporary recruiting and sourcing tools such as job boards, social media, resume databases and search engines to identify active and passive candidates.
Experience working in Higher Education is a plus.
Broad knowledge of sourcing tools, posting placement, markets, social media and other active methods of reaching candidates, to reach the widest, most diverse pool of candidates is highly desirable.
Typical office environment.
Requires frequent sitting and use of a computer and keyboard.
Position may require some weekends and night and early morning hours to accommodate hiring manager and candidate needs.
Ability to travel to meetings to represent the University.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.