GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR
JOB NO.: 96495-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: EDUC/GEN ADMIN/DEAN'S OFFICE
Categories: Event Planning, Program Coordination, Grant, Research, Contract Management, Office & Administrative Support
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96495-AS
Working Title: Global Engagement Coordinator
Official Title: ADMIN SPECIALIST(R08DN) or ASSOC ADM SPECIALIST(R08FN)
Anticipated Begin Date: DECEMBER 01, 2018
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $36,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in education, fine arts, health, or a liberal arts field preferred.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
- At least one year of professional work experience in office administration.
- Experience working on projects and with programs in a higher education setting.
- Proficient using Microsoft Suite and Google Apps.
- Willingness to help build a new office.
- More than 3 years of professional work experience in administration or events coordination.
- Experience working on international/global education and/or diversity programs in a higher education setting.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Suite, Google Apps (e.g., docs, sheets, and forms), and the ability to demonstrate this knowledge.
- Experience developing and maintaining a WordPress website and demonstrated examples of engaging in storytelling through social media platforms.
- Experience managing multiple projects and work responsibilities.
- Experience contributing to a start-up initiative.
License or certificate:
The Global Engagement Office in the School of Education was created in 2018 to promote and support globally-focused research and creative endeavors, increase study abroad, cultivate a sense of place and well being for international students and visiting scholars, integrate a global focus in the School's coursework and programming, increase the School's international outlook, and manage international partnerships. The Global Engagement Coordinator position is integral to the development and growth of this new office.
The Coordinator will take the lead with communications (story writing/social media), funding/scholarship administration, travel arrangements for international visitors, logistics for committee meetings, and general office support (including budget coordination and administrative support to the Director and Associate Director). In collaboration with the Associate Director, the Coordinator will handle the logistics for international student and scholar and study abroad programming, data collection and processing, relationship management, and grant reporting.
This position is located in the Dean's Office of the School of Education at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. The Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Associate Director for the Global Engagement Office.
Instructions to applicants:
To apply, please upload four items: 1) cover letter, 2) resume, a 3) a 1-2 paragraph description of why engaging globally is important in the arts, education, and health (these are the three divisions within the School of Education), and 4) the contact information for three professional references (please do not include personal references).
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Nov 1 2018 Central Daylight Time
Application Close: Nov 15 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time