8AM - 5PM
$44,200 - $87,200
Campus Business Services (CBS) is a large department within UCRs Auxiliary Services that provides a myriad of services to faculty, staff, students, and visitors of the UCR campus. The Logistics and Storehouse unit is the CBS unit that stores and maintains supply levels of business/office supplies, office equipment, research equipment and materials, facility equipment; provides services for purchasing, shredding, surplus, and recycled resale. The Logistics and Storehouse Supervisor is a member of the CBS management team who works collaboratively to streamline business services across the department. Under the direction of the Director of CBS the Logistics and Storehouse Supervisor manages a wide variety of administrative and technical operations in order to serve campus customers needs and is responsible for: scheduling and assigning work for a team of 5 FTE staff; coach and provide guidance on administrative and business matters for team; maintains efficient and effective workflow; develops, monitors, modifies and maintains operational procedures and service standards in harmony with financial and budgetary goals; optimizes inventory levels and space utilization; participate in University-wide committees; ensures safety protocols, University policy and procedures, and all state and federal compliance rules and laws are followed; partners with University-wide experts (i.e., Environmental Health and Safety) on best practices; collaborates with CBS management team for continuous improvements to ensure delivery of excellent customer service to Campus customers. PLEASE NOTE: Business and Administrative Services career employees at UC Riverside who have passed their probationary period will receive priority consideration for this position. If a qualified pool of candidates from within the organizational unit is not identified, qualified candidates from the campus, UC system, or external candidates may be considered at the discretion of the hiring department.
Skills in verbal and written communication in the English language, active listening, flexibility with change, critical thinking, multi-tasking and time management.
Skills in implementing and monitoring customer service standards.
Skills in decision making, problem solving and interpersonal communications.
Working knowledge in storeroom and inventory practices, procedures used in the receipt, storage, and distribution of merchandise.
Ability to coach and mentor staff.
Working knowledge of Federal and State regulations) related to receipt, handling, storage and distribution of appropriate classes of materials.
Intermediate computer applications skills.
Knowledge of standard purchasing/procurement practices and associated University policies.
Knowledge of union contracts and employment rules, policies and laws.
Knowledge of UCR policies and procedures.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview