Director of Human Resources, Diversity, and Strategy - Facilities and Services (104965)
Director of Human Resources, Diversity, and Strategy
Facilities and Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
(Internal to the University system)
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking applications for the position of Director of Human Resources, Diversity, and Strategy - Facilities and Services. This position provides administrative oversight of personnel related services and resources, diversity and inclusion, and talent development. The Director develops, implements, and monitors policies, programs, and initiatives that support employment processes, promote diversity, foster an open and inclusive work environment and increase employee opportunities through effective talent development within Facilities and Services. The Director assists and provides administrative oversight of the Facilities and Services Diversity and Inclusion Committee. The Director assists with the strategic planning process, its implementation, and monitoring.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
- Advise the Executive Director, Division Directors and management staff regarding HR related topics including policy development and implementation; interpretation of University policies, processes, and procedures; and personnel related situations that occur within the F&S organization.
- Provide leadership and administrative support to the Employee Relations/Human Resources and Payroll department within F&S.
- Use HR expertise to develop processes and procedures that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of F&S HR functions.
- Develop and implement leadership, management, and employee training programs.
- Provide advice to the Executive Director to improve the culture and create an inclusive work environment.
- Lead the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities to promote and attain a diverse workforce for F&S.
- Serve as primary advisor to the Executive Director and F&S leadership teams to drive awareness of diversity initiatives and programs across the organization. Act as the principle F&S liaison in all matters relating to diversity and inclusion.
- Support F&S divisions and departments to develop and implement strategies and execute programs that foster inclusion and diversity across F&S.
- Assist and act as a resource to the Executive Director in negotiating and resolving sensitive and controversial diversity issues.
- Sponsor and act as the Executive Director's liaison and advisor for the F&S Diversity and Inclusion Committee.
- Participate in strategic planning activities and assist the Executive Director with managing the development, implementation, and monitoring of the F&S strategic plan.
- Participate in change management processes and monitor the effects on employees throughout the organization.
- Work with F&S leadership, search committees, and F&S Employee Relations/Human Resources staff in the recruitment and retention of employees and student employees of diverse backgrounds in an effort to reach the department's affirmative action goals.
- Manage and control the ER/HR and Payroll department budget.
- Establish and maintain HR metrics.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications -
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business, Psychology or a closely related field.
- Minimum 10 years of progressive management experience in Human Resources, Diversity & Inclusion, and/or EEO/AA.
- Human Resources experience at an institution of higher education or within a facilities services department/organization.
- Ability to delegate work and supervise assigned staff effectively.
- Must be able to work with faculty and staff throughout the university to address issues and achieve work objectives and goals.
- Ability to handle multiple issues simultaneously and determine appropriate methods to effectively resolve them.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred Education, Experience and Qualifications -
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business, Psychology or a closely related field.
- Professional HRCI or SHRM certification.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To ensure full consideration, application materials must be received by November 15, 2018. All candidates must create a profile through https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references. Interviews may take place before the closing date, but a final decision will not be made until after the close of the search. This is a full-time, twelve-month academic professional position. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience. Start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. For further information regarding application procedures, contact Laura Bleakney at [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Office of the Chancellor
Title: Director of Human Resources, Diversity, and Strategy - Facilities and Services (104965)
Open Date: 11/01/2018
Close Date: 11/15/2018
Organization Name: Office of the Chancellor