Working Title: Multi-Media Specialist
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Department of Radiology
Posting Date: 11-01-2018
The Department of Radiology and Medical Imaging at the University of Virginia is seeking a full-time Multimedia Creative Professional to fill an essential role within the Marketing function. The incumbent will be responsible for applying outstanding written communication skills to create, proof, and edit written content and other forms of copy pertaining to the Department's web and social media sites, radiology-related content on the UVA Health System's websites, alumni society correspondence, and event management.
In addition, the incumbent will have overall responsibility for developing and maintaining the Department's Internet and Intranet website presence. This includes performing technical and creative functions in the management of an informative, user-friendly, and visually appealing website(s). Key responsibilities include writing, editing, designing, and proofreading site content. The incumbent will work closely with the technical team to maintain website standards and also to develop site promotions and online outreach campaigns, including research program initiatives. In performing these responsibilities, the incumbent will collaborate with the Web Development Center, School of Medicine, Medical Center Marketing, and other community site contacts.
A Bachelor's degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Web Development, Public Relations or related discipline is required, or an equivalent.
A minimum of one year of experience in writing, proofing, and editing written content is required, and the incumbent must possess outstanding written communication skills. In addition, the successful incumbent must have marketing experience as well as experience in generating/managing web content.
Incumbents must have proven skills using Facebook, Twitter, Desktop Publishing, and Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Experience in a fast-paced healthcare environment and experience in project management are preferred qualifications.
Candidates must submit the following writing sample in Writing Sample 1: Draft a 300-500 word blog article about the following "grateful patient" scenario: Sally McCall was nervous about needing a colonoscopy. But then she met with UVA Radiologist, Dr. Smith, who told her about CT colonography as an alternative and helped calm her fears. After the exam she was thrilled with her care and the ease of the CT colonography.
This is a restricted position and contingent on future funding.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Demonstrate outstanding written communication skills in order to create, proof, and edit written content and other forms of copy.
2. Knowledge of and experience with website content management.
3. Project management skills
4. Expertise in marketing communications
5. Proven systems and critical thinking skills
6. Strong attention to detail
7. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment; able to respond quickly to changing priorities
8. Strong planning, organizational, and problem-solving skills
9. Able to identify and resolve issues in a timely and productive manner
10. Adept at communicating and building positive relationships with people at all levels of an organization
11. Able to interpret and summarize complex written and oral information
12. Skilled in transforming a concept into design and implementation
13. Able to judge visual and editorial quality and appropriateness of Internet/Intranet, and other website information
14. Exemplify the University's educational mission, strategic aims, and programs
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85955