Requisition # 2018-9546
Department Ecology & Evolutionary Biology
Category Academic Administration
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
The Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology (EEB) is seeking a Program Administrator/Communications Manager who will be responsible for executing and assisting in the shaping and implementation of new strategic initiatives in teaching, research, and administration. This new position is designed to support the EEB chair and department manager with program building and special projects in three areas: 1) EEB's international teaching and research programs; 2) EEB's undergraduate program; and 3) EEB's outreach and diversity program.
The Program Administrator/Communications Manager plans, oversees and directs the administrative and financial affairs of the programs. Working closely with the EEB chair, faculty groups, department manager and support staff to execute policy and strategic direction for the operation of the programs and participates in short and long-term planning for program operations and activities. Areas of responsibility include strategic and financial planning, building, maintaining and expanding both domestic and international partnerships, curriculum development as well as improving communication, outreach and diversity across programs.
- Work closely with the EEB chair and department manager to (i) Develop the next-generation international teaching and research-based teaching programs in collaboration with EEB faculty; (ii) Evaluate and streamline EEB's support for international research efforts; and (iii) Coordinate information, communication, and outreach regarding EEB's international undergraduate and Ph.D. student training programs.
- Build, maintain and expand international partnerships.
- Survey faculty, students and staff to identify needs and expectations; identify resources and design plans to meet needs of program; determine and measure related success; monitor related expenditures to ensure they are appropriate and necessary and within budget; research technology and best practices of peer programs.
- Identify and minimize risk to University, Department and Program, e.g. safety, risk management, student travel, etc.
- Continually pursue training and personal development and cultivate goodwill both within and outside of the University.
- Improve communication, outreach and diversity across our teaching programs. Provide input, high-level support and management on a variety of communication and outreach efforts, as determined by the Department Chair.
- Assist in the development of a new departmental public profile, new website and new methods of communication with graduate and undergraduate department alumni, with potential donors, and preparation of EEB's migration to a new building.
- Identifies, coordinates and ensures proper outreach communication is deployed.
- Support Department Chair and Department Manager in implementation of EEB strategic plan and the University task force effort, including identifying and analyzing relevant data for effectiveness and efficiencies and identifying and proposing process improvements.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships with a wide range of University constituents - administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- Masters or Professional degree (M.B.A., J.D., etc.) and equivalent work experience of 4 - 6 years.
- An analytical and data-informed approach to problem-solving and decision-making.
- Exceptional analytical skills, including those involving political issues.
- Capacity to work independently and prioritize multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and project management skills.
- Effectiveness in collaboration and in teamwork.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University job offers are contingent upon the candidate's successful completion of a background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening, as applicable. The type and extent of background check, reference checks, and pre-employment screening may vary depending on the requirements and/or functions of the job and the candidate's current employment status with Princeton University.
Go to our careers site.