Job Description Summary:
I. DEPARTMENT INFORMATION
Dr. Power is seeking a Research Associate to support a project on aligning the observational and RCT evidence around hypertension and diabetes treatment for the prevention or delay of cognitive impairment and dementia.
Strong quantitative skills and ability to exercise independent judgement and ability to think critically and logically to overcome problems is essential. Primary duties will include data management, development of statistical analysis plans, statistical analysis, and data visualization. Other duties include performance of literature reviews, drafting portions of manuscripts and grants, various administrative duties relating to the conduct of epidemiologic research, and contributing to the preparation of grant applications, manuscripts, and presentations. Many opportunities exist for professional growth through interaction with the department, attendance at talks on campus, and other resources. The initial appointment period is 1 year, with potential for extension upon successful completion of the initial appointment period and availability of funding.
Job responsibilities include:
- Programming using SAS and other software to analyze large databases using common or novel statistical techniques
- Preparing detailed data analysis plans, interpreting analyses, drafting manuscripts, creating figures, and publishing results
- Conducting literature reviews and draft portions of grants, and presentations
- Assisting Dr. Power with administrative matters, including management of data use agreements and IRB submissions
- Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a master’s degree and 1 year of experience in a related discipline. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
- MS or MPH in Statistics, Biostatistics, Epidemiology or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- One year of statistical programming experience using SAS, R, or STATA.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of multi-variable regression modeling (linear, logistic, survival)
- Evidence of scientific writing skills
- Ability to both work and problem-solve independently, while also knowing when to ask for help
Interest in dementia research
- Working knowledge and experience with structural equation modeling, propensity score analyses, causal inference methods, and/or multiple imputation
- Desire to lead and publish manuscripts
I. POSITION INFORMATION
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) Family Research and Labs Sub-Family Field Research Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: M-F, 8:00-5:00 Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: Required Background Check Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: R000677 Job Open Date: 11/01/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter