Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Management
Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
The Milken Institute School of Public is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Management (BIA) in the Office of Student Services. The BIA is responsible for managing the School of Public Health's key organizational data sources and leading the schools analytical support for evaluation and planning activities. The position will report to the Senior Associate Dean for Academic, Student & Faculty Affairs.
• Serve as data steward with data governance responsibilities for the Milken Institute School of Public Health.
• Lead business intelligence activities for the SPH. Create a system, framework and research methodology to provide decision support for School leadership.
• Utilizing the data enterprise systems available at GW, act as conduit to incorporate management systems to enhance availability of accurate information and data among a variety of stakeholders (i.e.- School leadership, students, accreditors, ASPPH) with data visualization resources.
• Strategize and support the development of innovations in data reporting identifying and incorporating data management best practices.
• Create new, custom, intuitive data management system that enables external partners as well as school faculty, staff, and students to communicate about and track applied learning and leadership development experiences.
• Oversee training and technical assistance for new data management system for various user groups
• Identify need for new or revised systems, actions, and efforts to strengthen the School's access to improve data integrity for strategic planning and reporting. These may include identifying opportunities for change to optimize use of available resources, or researching new systems, processes, and internal procedures.
• Provide leadership, guidance and consultation for system analysis, business analysis, technology, data science, business operations, business intelligence and institutional research for the School.
• Enhance and maintain state-of-the-art professional knowledge to create an environment where the SPH is on the cutting edge of technological advances in data maintenance and reporting.
• Support the School's initiatives for annual ASPPH and CEPH reporting.
• Manage major sources of data and reporting for accreditation.
• Liaise with outside vendors, such as 2U, as necessary.
• Work on special projects and initiatives that require analytical or consulting components.
• Represent SPH in University-wide initiatives to improve use of technology and enterprise systems access and updates- i.e. Business Intelligence Advisory Committee, Banner 9 Steering Committee, etc.
• Hire and maintain staffing (regular and/or temporary staffing) in the SPH Business Intelligence office.
• Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 3 years of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Master's degree, or equivalent experience, in a relevant field such as Information Science, Business Analytics, Higher Education Management, Business Information Systems, etc.
• 5 years relevant experience leading complex projects and initiatives within a higher education environment.
• Demonstrated applied and advanced knowledge of data collection, analysis and reporting methods and tools.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of relational database management systems, data visualization, and data warehouse design.
• Exemplary customer orientation and commitment to working collaboratively with individuals from all parts of the School, University and beyond.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; the ability to convey complex information to a diverse set of audiences.
• Broad experience using a range of technologies for analysis and reporting (examples include IBM Cognos, Tableau, BI applications) and track record of proactive evaluation of new promising technologies as well as making the case for dissemination across the School, as appropriate
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines an intense, fast paced and challenging work environment that often requires extra effort due to frequency and nature of requests and projects.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Milken Institute School of Public Health (SPH) Family Information Technology Sub-Family IT Business Intelligence Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 3 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007668 Job Open Date: 10/04/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter