Manager, Facilities Central Call Center
Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
The Facilities Central Unit is part of the Service Delivery & Property Management Department with The Division of Operation's Facilities and Campus Development organization. As the hub of Facilities Maintenance and Property Management. Facilities Central Call Center oversees the key depot, and work control. It supports trade shops and central plant operations. The Manager of Facilities Central Call Center will be required to work a flexible schedule and be on-call. Responsible for managing daily operations for all three shifts. This position reports to the Director, Service Delivery and Property Management. The Manager of Facilities Central Call Center is responsible for but not limited to:
Planning, directing an overseeing daily operations in Facilities Central. Providing supervision over a team of customer support representatives and student employees. Responsible for planning and maintaining work systems, procedures and policies that enable and encourages the optimum performance of its people and other resources within its business unit.
Primary Responsibilities are:
• Manage Service Delivery operational budgetary functions responsibilities and activities of the department.
• Plan and implement systems that perform the work and fulfill the mission and the goals of the department efficiently and effectively.
• Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet departmental productivity and quality goals.
• Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
• Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department.
• Review performance data that includes financial, activity reports and spreadsheets, to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement, and overall effectiveness.
• Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department. Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
• Communicate regularly with other managers, the director, vice president, president, and other designated contacts within the organization.
• Plan staffing levels.
• Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees.
• Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the operating unit in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
• Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee on-boarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
• Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals. Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
• Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
• Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization's and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision, guiding principles, and values of the organization.
• Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
• Lead employees to meet the organization's expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
• Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition, rewards, and disciplinary action, with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
• Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations and paid time off, cover for absenteeism, and overtime scheduling.
• Maintain transparent communication. Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, instant messenger, and regular interpersonal communication.
• Perform other related duties as assigned; the omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are related to the business function of the position
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 6 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study plus 4 years of relevant professional experience. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:
Must be able to respond after hours to support business needs.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience working in a higher education environment.
•Working experience with Computer Management Systems.
•Experience managing a Call Center with front-facing customer service operations.
•Experience overseeing a key management system.
•Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment.
Demonstrated understanding of facilities trade shop processes.
Ability to influence others without direct authority.
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: Operations Family Facilities & Campus Ops Sub-Family Customer Service Stream Management Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday -Friday 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM - Flexible Work Schedule As Needed Position Designation: Designated On-Site: Employees who are required to physically report to work or remain at work during an emergency or adjustment to the university's operating status Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007747 Job Open Date: 11/01/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter