Senior Marketing Associate
Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
Enrollment and the Student Experience (ESE) is a mission-driven organization providing a cohesive experience throughout all phases of the student lifecycle, from the admissions and enrollment process through graduation and beyond, by supporting a connected, comprehensive and student-centered approach to the student experience. ESE is committed to a student-first mentality, utilizing a data-driven approach to continuous assessment and improvement across the organization. Most important, our goal is to ensure an outstanding experience for students - prospective and current.
The Office of Student Success (OSS), one of the departments within ESE, is dedicated to the university's mission as it relates to a student-focused effort to improve overall retention and graduation rates. OSS provides an innovative, collaborative, and comprehensive approach to meeting student success priorities throughout the lifecycle of the student experience. Teams within the Office for Student Success are the Enrollment and Retention Office, Summer and NonDegree Programs, Student Support & Family Engagement, and the Office of The Registrar, which seek an integrated approach to supporting academic progress for degree seeking and visiting students.
The Senior Marketing Associate manages marketing, outreach and communication campaigns to connect students and families to programs and resources to aid in their successful navigation of GW, and to promote best practices that ensure successful academic experiences. This position will report to the Associate Vice Provost for Student Success. In addition to implementing marketing strategies to grow and broaden enrollments for revenue that will generate Summer and Special Programs, this position:
Creates a cohesive brand for myriad programs using elements such as: consistent language and design, in line with the university's strict style guide; Develops a comprehensive marketing strategy that includes a unified advertising, mail, email, and social media plan; Manages websites for respective programs and implementing user-friendly updates;
Develops printed and promotional materials; and Devises efficient and cost-effective approach to increasing visibility of our programs in target markets, both nationally and internationally.
- Responsible for all web edits to the summer and non-degree websites. Responsible for maintaining user- and SEO- friendly content.
- Graphic design and production: responsible for designing all print materials, web graphics, promotional materials and other graphic design projects as needed.
- Coordinating with printers, vendors, etc., to complete production for the items
Marketing Campaigns & Communication Plans:
- Working closely with Office for Student Success teams to implement communication plans and marketing strategies specific to each program;
- Managing all public communications for each of their respective programs to ensure messaging and brand consistency, quality writing standards, and adherence to university standards
- Monitoring advertising campaigns for accuracy and success, implements email and physical mail marketing campaigns
- Collaborating with communication directors and marketing staff within Enrollment and the Student Experience, and across the university articulating unit developments at monthly meetings with the External Relations team to coordinate unit-wide publicity needs;
- Communicating regularly with marketing heads to create integrated coordination of strategies and publicity;
- Requesting, managing and supervising advertising plans with University Advertising, and ensuring the best quality web content with Online Strategy
- Managing relationships and contracts with external organizations such as printers, promotional vendors, advertising agencies, videographers, and other marketing companies
- Leading support staff and/or delegates work to implement mailing and marketing strategies, communication plans and market research
Benchmarking and Expense Tracking:
- Developing and tracking budgets for all marketing efforts.
- Negotiating and evaluating bids to make recommendations to department leadership.
- Assessing the effectiveness of different marketing strategies using datadriven approaches;
- Benchmarking marketing campaigns and analyzing return on investment (making adjustments as needed)
Performs other related duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization plus 2 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Master's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field preferred
•2+ years of relevant professional experience
• Proficiency in web design using Drupal, Adobe Creative Suites, In-Design and content management systems, and social media
• Superior writing and organizational skills;
• Experience with print and electronic marketing
• Digital photography a plus
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Mount Vernon, DC College/School/Department: Enrollment Management Family Comm, Mktg & Media Sub-Family Marketing and Brand Management Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 2 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40+ Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: Yes Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007744 Job Open Date: 11/01/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter