Associate Director Marketing and Communications, Student Recruitment and Global Outreach
Hyde Park Campus
35390 Harris Sch Pub Policy
About the Unit
Why policy? For a better world. Why Harris Public Policy? Because when it comes to better policymaking, evidence matters. We work at the frontiers of data collection and analysis, using the latest technology and social science methods to design policies that work for society. We conduct rigorous inquiry in an environment of innovation and risk taking. We collaborate across the private, public, and nonprofit sectors, adopting new methodologies to drive better solutions. We engage with our city, our world, and our leaders every day to evaluate and test our ideas. And we lead with our passion for driving social change, knowing that passion alone does not equal impact. This is Harris Public Policy: Social impact, down to a science.
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Management and Marketing Strategy, the Associate Director of Marketing, Student Recruitment and Global Outreach, creates and implements a cohesive marketing communications plan designed to drive student enrollment at the Harris School of Public Policy.
Develop and implement a cohesive marketing and communications plan designed to drive student enrollment
- Develop compelling creative and marketing content designed to inform, engage and excite prospective students from inquiry through enrollment and further Harris' brand image across channels
- Manage an integrated marketing communications plan and calendar designed to expand awareness of the school among prospective students and those who influence their decision-making process in considering graduate degree options.
- Lead the implementation and execution of short- and long-range communication and marketing strategies and tactics spanning admissions collateral and content marketing, advertising, social media and email marketing, media relations, etc.
- Ensure the identity, voice, and objectives of the school are articulated in an authentic and cohesive manner across marketing channels
- Identify existing content developed by the Communications team and adjust content to serve a prospective student audience
- Assist Director with budget management by projecting and estimating hiring needs, cost of individual projects, and monitoring cost of external vendors and contract employers
- Collaborate closely with peers on the marketing team and external media/design partners to develop and organize content and ensure the best use of content
Manage outside vendors, including freelancer designers, writers, videographers and marketing agencies, in producing admissions-specific marketing content and sharing with the Student Recruitment and Global Outreach Team
- Project manage work with outside marketing contractors and vendors: ensure necessary payment forms are completed, invoices and payments are processed and tracked for budget purposes, and oversee content production, drafts, and final product
- Monitoring multiple deadlines on a daily basis to ensure projects are on schedule and expectations are aligned.
- Partner with Harris colleagues and outside agencies in developing innovative and meaningful creative campaign ideas to engage prospective students
- Create, coordinate and distribute both print and digital marketing content, including admissions brochures, email marketing campaigns and admissions-oriented website copy
- Assist with the development and execution of direct mailing campaigns to prospective students. Monitor effectiveness of campaigns and advise on strategic shifts to improve campaigns
- Organize communication and marketing assets for Student Recruitment and Global Outreach team to easily use and access in student outreach and other projects, make sure they are aware of newly created content and content in production
Develop new ways to identify and engage Harris faculty, students, alumni and third-party influencers in Harris' enrollment marketing efforts both online and offline
- Conduct research, analyze data, and monitor industry trends and best practices to implement, test and refine strategies
- Keep abreast of trends in digital marketing, ensuring Harris is leveraging new and emerging channels to reach and engage prospective students
- Provide recommendations on how to best leverage existing brand assets in admissions communications, and develop recommendations for new content creation
- Revise and develop new pieces to be used for print media, social, website, blog and other communications to be used throughout the admissions cycle
Oversee development of content and promotional items to use for student recruitment in both print, web, and digital media
- Develop Harris branded promotional items to be used for events at Harris and travel, including, but not limited to: updated banner shades and pieces to be used at fairs, improved photography and branded artwork throughout meeting rooms at Harris, and updated and diverse photography to be used for website, blog social, and print pieces
- Oversee the creation of new print pieces and the updating of current pieces
- Work closely with the Marketing and Communications and web team to improve user experience on the website and create updated Admissions pages
- Customer-service orientation with a strong aptitude for maintaining a positive demeanor
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines, experience with project management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- A collaborative attitude and regular communication with Marketing and Communications and other professionals on campus to ensure consistency in messaging and branding
Education, Experience or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree and at least three to five years of increasingly responsible experience in marketing or communications - Required
- Experience working in a multicultural environment and with diverse clients - Preferred
- Familiarity with higher education environment and knowledge of the University of Chicago - Preferred
- Experience with writing or editing in a professional setting - Required
- Experience with project management and working with external contractors or vendors - Preferred
- Cover Letter
- Reference Contact Information
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualifications
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/