Part Time Admissions Assistant
Part Time Admissions Assistant
Position Number: 10066126
Benefits Eligible: No
Campus Location: Gainesville
Job Close Date: 11/14/2018
General Summary: The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for a Part Time Admissions Assistant. The Admissions Assistant will assist imaging center staff to enter document information into Banner, match incoming electronic documents to student, evaluate and interpret information for each student file, provide back-up for other staff members.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities: The Part Time Admissions Assistant will:
- Assist with the opening and processing of daily mail to include documents received at the Admissions front desk and assign student ID numbers to documents that do not match up to a current or past student
- Assist with the download of electronic transcripts from high schools, colleges and the military.
- Assist with the indexing of single pdf letters/emails created by admissions/enrollment management staff and the organization of said documents for filing.
- Assist with the data entry of prospective student contact cards.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must have attention to detail to insure accuracy.
- Knowledge of standard office equipment and software.
- Strong organizational and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task, manage workload, and effectively prioritize assignments.
- Willingness to be a team member and be flexible to help in different areas when needed.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED; Associate's Degree preferred.
- One year of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General understanding of the college admissions processes a plus.
- Significant experience with data entry strongly preferred.
- Banner and Xtender software experience a plus.
Required Documents: Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae
Special Instructions to Applicants: Please submit contact information for three professional references. This position will require a background check.
Employer Information: All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
The University of North Georgia is committed to providing equal opportunity to all qualified applicants without discrimination at the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability or handicap as a matter of college policy and as required by applicable state and federal laws.