Financial Assistant 1, UCP 1
Job Title: Financial Assistant 1, UCP 1
Job ID: 2019192
Location: Storrs Campus
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences Dean's Office seeks applicants for the full-time position of Financial Assistant 1 (UCP 1) for the CLAS Business Services Center, under the Shared Services unit. Under the direction of the Associate Finance Director, the incumbent will assist in the analysis, processing and maintenance of financial transactions for various units, along with providing administrative support to all departments in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and verify details of transactions such as invoices, requisitions and other disbursements in conjunction with university and college policies and procedures
- Monitor account purposes, budgets and expenditures for appropriateness and accuracy to ensure transactional compliance
- Compile regular reports utilizing electronic spreadsheets and databases
- Maintain accurate records in internal software systems
- Liaise between CLAS academic departments and UConn central offices
- Serve as resource regarding policy interpretation and college/university best practices
- Disseminate and train on policy and guideline changes to department administrators
- Review departmental metrics and statistics as well as course offerings
- Serve as initial reviewer for departmental events and meetings to ensure compliance with university policies
- Serve as initial reviewer on departmental payroll transactions
- Provide training and onboarding assistance to college administrators
- Performing related duties as required
- Associate's degree in accounting or bookkeeping
- Two years' experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or related field
- Experience working in a higher education setting
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Excellent computer skills including experience with Microsoft programs.
The salary for this position will be in the upper $30's. The University offers excellent healthcare and retirement benefits.
Please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references online via UConn Careers, (www.jobs.uconn.edu), Staff Positions (Search # 2019192). Address correspondence to Michelle Cahill and include search number 2019192. Screening will begin immediately and applications will be reviewed until a suitable candidate is found. Priority will be given to applications received by November 15, 2018.
Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2019192)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on November 15, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.