Program Assistant, Educational Outreach, UCP 2
Job Title: Program Assistant, Educational Outreach, UCP 2
Job ID: 2019144
Location: Storrs Campus
Under the general supervision of designated supervisor, promotes, supports, and assists with the implementation of outreach programs such as Confratute for the Renzulli Center for Creativity, Gifted Education, and Talent Development.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, organizes and implements outreach program activities, as directed.Monitors day-to-day activities for Confratute and other outreach programs.
- Provides administrative support to the outreach programs and faculty associated with them.
- Collaborates with community agencies to establish partnerships.
- Assists with written reports and grant writing.
- Serves as contact with community and provides for informational needs such as publications, project program materials, and educational opportunities.
- Promotes youth development programs through media and group presentations; recruits and provides educational opportunities for program members.
- May serve as project liaison to University offices/departments, public school officials, and community agencies.
- Handles fiscal transactions and records for the Center including payroll, purchasing, travel, invoicing, and other disbursements.
- Places orders with vendors and follows up to resolve problems and assure timely delivery.
- Monitors work orders for University services and follows up to resolve problems and assure timely action.
- Participates in staff meetings and in-service training related to Confratute and other outreach programs.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in related area.
- Three years of experience in a responsible administrative support position, which demonstrates knowledge of administrative methods.
- Strong background in social sciences, education, or human relations related to program needs.
- Ability to work independently and regularly exercise judgment regarding administrative detail and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
This is a part-time end-dated position. Appointment renewal is subject to funding and performance. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with successful candidates' background and experience.
Please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three (3) professional references online via UConn Careers, (www.jobs.uconn.edu), Staff Positions. Screening will begin immediately and the search will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Priority will be given to applications received by November 15, 2018.
Employment of the successful candidate will be contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check. (Search # 2019144)
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 p.m. Eastern time on November 15, 2018.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics, which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.
The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University's teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn's ranking as one of the nation's top research universities. UConn's faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.