Department Assistant - Biomedical Engineering
Job no: 496365
Position Type: Staff Full Time
Benefit Status: Benefited-Union
Campus: UMass Lowell
Department: Biomedical Engineering
Applications Open: Nov 01 2018
Applications Close: Open until filled
General Summary of Position:
The position of Department Assistant is responsible for providing direct support to the Department Director/Chair for articulating and implementing the Mission of the Francis College of Engineering. Responsibilities include developing and implementing procedures, staffing the Department Office, overseeing student success and retention initiatives within the department and supporting faculty and staff needs. The Department Assistant will also oversee outreach initiatives with corporate and STEM pipeline (K-12) partners, in an effort to support workforce development initiatives in the Biomedical Engineering field.
- HS Diploma/GED equivalent; 3-5 years administrative experience
- Computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and database management software
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Experience working in a university setting
- Strong oral and written skills required for frequent communication, reporting and presentations
- Must be self-motivated with a high degree of initiative and ability to multitask with no supervision
- Requires strong attention to detail and record keeping skills
- Ability to use discretion when implementing strategies to meet goals and priorities
- Desire to be engaged in the profession and participate in professional organizations
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Only Internal Professional (SEIU 888 Professional Union) Bargaining candidates will be considered during the first 10 business days of the posting. All other candidates will be considered after that period.
Initial review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. However, the position may close when an adequate number of qualified applications are received.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your application. Names and contact information of three references will be required during the application process.
The University of Massachusetts Lowell is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action, Title IX employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age over 40, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, or other protected class.