Coordinator, Special Student Services
Department: Enrollment Center
Location: Eastern Campus
Reports To: Campus Director
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req748
Employment Type: Full-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: 124-19
Union Position: Union
Work Schedule: Standard College Hours: M-F, 8:30am-5pm
Number of Openings: 1
Provides and coordinates services tailored for select student groups that require personal services such as College Credit Plus (CCP) and Veterans Affairs (VA) program participants and International students. Ensures programs are in compliance with College and governmental agencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• *Develops, coordinates, implements and evaluates process for services.
• *Reviews student applications and credentials and processes acceptance for special student populations.
• *Establishes and maintains all appropriate files.
• *Provides support to students and assists with the recruitment of new students.
• *Maintains internal and external information and reporting systems to support and facilitate the operations of the specialized student groups which may include SEVIS, VA Once, and Ohio Department of Education.
• *Anticipates and meets all customer needs accurately, professionally, and with a commitment to customer satisfaction.
• May audit international students quarterly as required by federal regulations.
• May issue I-20 forms consistent with College policies and procedures and U.S. government regulations.
• May serve as an intermediary in establishing open accounts for students on an F-1 visa.
• May serve as campus contact for CCP applicants, their parents, and high school counselors.
• May serve as primary contact for all enrolled in CCP program.
• May manage correspondence for CCP program.
• May serve as liaison between Tri-C students and the Veterans Affairs department.
• May process the distribution of funds electronically for military students and their dependents for educational benefits through VA Once.
• May coordinate VA orientation program for new and continuing students.
• May provide functional supervision to part-time staff and/or students workers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
*denotes essential function
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of two (2) years progressive student services/special programs experience in an educational institution.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Skills in keyboarding, basic math and grammar, and standard level word processing (MS Word) and spreadsheet applications (MS Excel).
- Excellent customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships.
- Must have sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population.
- Master's degree
- Database Management and presentation software skills
- Banner navigation experience
Must be able to occasionally stand; and lift up to ten (10) pounds unassisted. Must be able to frequently sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Special vision requirements include ability to adjust focus. Must be able to work in an environment with a moderate noise level.
Disclaimer: This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned and does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Special Note:This is a Full-time (1199/SEIU) Bargaining Unit Position, Grade 08. Full time (1199/SEIU) bargaining unit employees at Cuyahoga Community College will be considered first for vacant positions.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.