Department: Assessment and Testing Services
Location: Western Campus
Reports To: Program Manager
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req671
Employment Type: Part-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: PT168-19
Union Position: Union
Work Schedule: Monday 3:00 pm - 7:30 pm; Tuesday 3:00 pm - 7:30 pm; Wednesday 3:00 pm - 7:30 pm; Thursday 3:00 pm - 7:30 pm.
Number of Openings: 1
Administers, scores, and reports the results of English, math, and other placement tests. Issues placement results to students and refers them to the Counseling Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensures the efficient and accurate operation of the assessment process.
- Proctors make-up and distance learning exams.
- Provides assistance to faculty regarding make-up and distance exams.
- Schedules tutoring appointments.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of testing and other departmental services.
- Provides routine information and directs callers/visitors to appropriate personnel and/or departments.
- Assists with clerical functions as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working with the public
- Strong customer service skills
- Skills in keyboarding, basic grammar and basic math
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work with or without direct supervision in a busy student and faculty service environment
- Sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population
- Associate's degree
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with skills assessment testing
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous work experience in a community college/higher education environment
Occasional Saturdays and evenings.
Special Note:This is a Part-time (1199/SEIU) Bargaining Unit position, Grade 04, with a starting hourly rate of $14.66. Part time (1199/SEIU) bargaining unit employees at Cuyahoga Community College will be considered first for vacant positions.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.