Dean of the College of Business
About Auburn University at Montgomery
Auburn University at Montgomery is a SACSCOC-accredited, comprehensive public university in Alabama whose mission is to provide quality and diverse educational opportunities at the undergraduate and graduate levels through use of traditional and electronic delivery systems, and to foster and support an environment conducive to teaching, research, scholarship, and collaboration with government agencies, the community, and other educational institutions. AUM is ranked among the South's top universities by U.S. News and World Report and was named one of the best colleges in the Southeast by The Princeton Review.
Founded in 1967 and located on a sprawling 500-acre campus, AUM’s core values include a student-centered experience; citizenship & community engagement; excellence as a standard; a commitment to constant improvement; diversity of people & perspective with a culture of inclusiveness; lifelong learning; and an environment of collaboration.
AUM offers its more than 5,000 students 90-plus fields of study at both the graduate and undergraduate levels within the colleges of: Liberal Arts and Social Sciences, Business, Education, Nursing and Health Sciences, and Sciences. As well there is a joint doctoral program with the main campus of Auburn University; a Doctor of Nursing Practice starting in Fall 2019; and several unique programs, unavailable anywhere else in the region, including Geographic Information Systems, Hospitality and Tourism, Homeland Security, and Cybersystems and Information Security. AUM’s dedicated 350 part- and full-time faculty members are distinguished academics and practitioners in their fields, committed to educating, developing and inspiring students. The student-to-faculty ratio is 15:1.
AUM not only recognizes and values individuality, but is committed to cultivating an environment that fosters respect and dignity for all. In alignment with the AUM strategic plan and the University’s core values, AUM promotes and embraces diversity in key areas, with a goal of
- Creating and fostering an inclusive atmosphere that is supportive of all students, faculty, and staff
- Creating opportunities that allow students, faculty, and staff to gain an awareness and appreciation of diversity
- Enhancing integration of international students into the AUM student body
- Developing strategies that strengthen interactions between domestic and international students and staff
- Creating programming to enhance understanding and promote awareness of diversity and inclusion
- Recruiting and retaining diverse faculty whose collective talents will enhance the quality of teaching and contribute to scholarly productivity
AUM, which is governed by the Auburn Board of Trustees, is designated as a Military Friendly School and is consistently chosen as the best university in the area.
About the Position
The College of Business at Auburn University at Montgomery (AUM) invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean beginning July 1, 2019. The Dean of the College of Business reports to the Provost and Senior Vice Chancellor, and as a member of the Deans Council, works closely with other deans and members of the Academic Affairs staff.
The Dean will be responsible for continuing to advance and strengthen degree programs; foster excellence in research, teaching and engagement; promote local, regional, national and global visibility; continue the advancement of innovation and entrepreneurship; increase the College's financial resources; and effectively manage the College's budget. The Dean should promote a culturally aware and diverse work environment that promotes growth, collaboration, and shared governance. The Dean will supervise program assessments, as well as work collaboratively with faculty, staff, and other stakeholders in refining and continuing to implement the College's long-range strategic vision and plan. The Dean will be responsible for the continuous improvement of degree programs to maintain AACSB International accreditation. The Dean will have responsibility for selecting, evaluating, promoting and retaining high-quality faculty/staff.
- An earned doctorate in one of the disciplines of the College from an AACSB- accredited institution
- Credentials to qualify for tenure as a full professor in the specific College of Business department (e.g., School of Accountancy, Business Administration, or Information Systems)
- Minimum of five years of successful academic administrative and leadership experience at an AACSB-accredited institution as a dean, associate dean, department chair/academic program director, or similar position
- Demonstrated leadership in supporting a diverse faculty, staff and student body and evidence of appreciation of the value of diversity in an academic setting
- Foster an environment for student recruitment, retention, and success
- Proven ability to foster a collaborative, inclusive, supportive, and collegial environment within the College
- Demonstrated ability to effectively represent and advocate for the College both internally and externally
- Exhibited success in development and fundraising activities
For more information on the college, its constituents, and programs offered, visit http://business.aum.edu/
To apply for this position, visit https://www.highereducationleadershipsearch.com/candidate-portal-form.
To view the complete position profile, visit https://www.highereducationleadershipsearch.com/searches/.
To nominate someone for this position, e-mail: [email protected]
Geralyn Franklin, Ph.D. & Alan Medders, Ph.D. will be assisting the University with the search. If you have questions or would like to have a confidential conversation about the position, call 256-239-2305 or e-mail [email protected]; [email protected]
Auburn University at Montgomery is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity and encourages applications from historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Candidates for this position will be considered through Dec. 12, 2018