Director of Sports Information and Marketing
Nature of Work
Responsible for coordinating, providing, and maintaining publicized media and statistical information for all varsity sports within the College of Coastal Georgia Athletics program. Responsible to assist the Office of Advancement in soliciting and securing sponsorships, planning and executing fundraising events and marketing activities across various outlets including the maintenance and design of websites, and publicity activities via social and broadcast media.
Sports Information and Athletics Support Activities
• Directly supervises the operation of press box/press row during home athletic events including public address, videostreaming broadcasts, in-game statistics record keeping, scoreboard operations and clock operations as required.
• Provides media and general public results and game information;
o Compiles post-game statistics and circulates game information to media.
o Coordinates and supervises all in-game media operations (e.g., videostreaming, radio, television)
o Oversees and manages operation and collection of accurate and timely in-game statistics for all home events.
o Provides updated, accurate statistics and post-game statistics on team webpages and provides statistics to coaches and league officials in a timely manner.
o Hires, trains, supervises and evaluates students/interns to assist in SID office.
• Coordinates to ensure press row staff is properly trained and present for home events.
• Makes recommendations for conference and national awards/scholarships.
• Work with coaches and other staff to ensure accurate information is reported by the Sports Information Office
Marketing, Promotions and Development Activities
• In coordination with VP for Advancement and Director of Athletics helps to accomplish the institution’s annual fundraising goals.
• In coordination with Office of Advancement, actively seeks and engages corporate and/or other sponsors and donors to provide financial support for the institution.
• Serves as staff support for fundraising and other activities of the College Foundation.
• Assists the Office of Advancement in planning, organizing and executing various fundraising and/or donor appreciation events and activities.
• Provides promotion/publicity assistance to College Advancement as needed.
• Designs, develops, organizes and helps maintain websites.
• Assists in the development and implementing promotions to publicize college events.
• Coordinates with Student Affairs to promote student attendance at campus events.
• Operates within NAIA, conference, and college policies and rules.
• Operates within program budget; recommends and makes decisions regarding budget execution.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Advancement or Director of Athletics.
Minimum Qualifications and Training
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in journalism, marketing or other related discipline along with experience in marketing and promotions at the collegiate level. Experience in using athletic statistical software (including StatCrew, DakStats) and a background in information technology and social media tools along with a familiarity with desktop publishing programs, including Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator or similar tools. The candidate must possess excellent oral, written, team-building and interpersonal skills. Must be able to work during non-standard office hours, including nights, weekends, and some holidays. Must have a valid driver’s license and must pass a motor vehicle report background check.
Preferred Qualifications and Training
Masters’ degree and 3 or more years’ experience in sports information and/or marketing activities preferred.