Assistant Football Coach /Defensive Coordinator
The Albion College Department of Athletics invites applications for the position of Assistant Football Coach/Defensive Coordinator. This is a 10-month administrative position with employment beginning as soon as possible. Albion College offers 23 intercollegiate sports as a NCAA Division III liberal arts institution and a member of the Michigan Intercollegiate Athletic Association. This position will be responsible for supporting the Head Football Coach in coaching Albion College’s junior varsity and varsity football team. This position will specifically oversee all defensive full-time and part-time assistant coaches and will make final recommendations to the head coach regarding defensive scheme, formations, and play calling.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: a) create and implement defensive practice and game plans, as well as, provide scouting reports on opponents through film breakdown, b) provide guidance to student-athletes regarding their academic and overall success, c) recruiting student-athletes for the football program, d) provide input to the head coach on hiring, training, and evaluation of defensive coaching staff, e) participate in fundraising opportunities for the program and department f) other duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics. This is a full-time 10 month appointment that begins as soon as possible.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience coaching at the varsity high school level or higher
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III rules and regulations
- Experience recruiting
- Excellent knowledge of techniques, formations, and game plans specific to the game of football
- Demonstration of good communication skills, both written and verbal, with students, parents, campus community, and other personnel
- Must have a valid, or be eligible to obtain, a Michigan driver’s license and clearing initial and periodic driving record checks
Using the “Apply Now” button, interested candidates should submit an online application including a letter of application, resume, and three references through Interfolio at https://apply.interfolio.com/57455.
A review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Questions about the position can be directed to Dustin Beurer, Head Football Coach via email at [email protected] or phone 517-629-0452.