Enterprise Systems Analyst
The Enterprise Systems Analyst will be responsible for the analysis, programming, testing, and maintenance of software and interfaces that enhance the university’s Ellucian Banner ERP system and third-party auxiliary systems. The overall support for the ERP includes assessing complex issues, creating and maintaining business intelligence reports, and increasing productivity through operational efficiency and system effectiveness recommendations. This position requires a broad understanding of functional area (Student, Financial Aid, HR, and Finance) processes and campus-wide implications of any projects, enhancements, or modifications to the university supported systems. This position contributes to the design and maintenance of the newly developed data warehouse and overall BI maturity of the department. The Enterprise System Analyst reports to the Director of Administrative Systems in IWU’s Information Technology Services department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Gather data through a number of ways and many information streams, to develop datasets suitable for informed decision making. This may require mining internal data, gathering peer data, or industry trends or creating/maintaining crosswalk to bridge data from disparate data sources to the current reporting systems.
- Create accurate data extracts and business reports. Analyze deficiencies in reporting databases and make changes necessary. Develop user-friendly reports and dashboards.
- Help oversee the architecture and management of the data warehouse, including optimizing its design, ensuring data integrity, and incorporating new data elements. Diagnose system and data issues. Coordinate resolutions to issues.
- Research workflow activities from initiation to completion, collaborate with the operational units, and analyze effectiveness of critical steps.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, such as management information systems, data analytics, computer science, social science, education, statistics, or data science. Experience may substitute for some educational requirements.
- Minimum of three years’ experience with at least one industry standard relational database, ETL solution, and reporting tool.
- Comprehensive skills and programming experience with relational database software (SQL Server or Oracle), Microsoft BI stack (SSIS, SSAS, SSRS), business intelligence tools (PowerBI, Tableau), and reporting tools (Access, Excel).
- Demonstrated knowledge of database query language such as SQL, PL/SQL required.
- Experience working in higher education preferred. Experience using administrative and ERP systems in higher education, such as Ellucian’s Banner is desirable.
- Some overnight travel required for 1-2 annual conferences.
- This is an onsite position; working remotely not an option.
Please send a cover letter, resume and the contact information for three professional references to Human Resources. Within your cover letter, please indicate how you learned of this opening. Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N. Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 309-556-1710 (please use cover sheet)
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html.
Illinois Wesleyan University is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusive excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity.