Information Specialist - Advancement
This full-time, non-exempt position is an information hub within a rapidly changing environment, and its primary focus is to create, maintain and disseminate information. Responsibilities include; processing gifts and pledges; balancing multiple sources of revenue; issuing and verifying tax receipts and acknowledgements; entering and maintaining constituent data; retrieving and organizing data from a complex relational database and converting it into information for various audiences. In addition, this position is responsible to help establish, sustain and continually improve the business practices of the office.
Data Administration Duties
- Interprets, enters, and maintains data from gifts and pledges of all sizes through demographic details, to recording scholarship recipients and benefactors.
- Handles a wide range of attributes related to tens of thousands of constituents
- Balances multiple sources of revenue daily
- Applies and maintains quality control processes, continually improves workflow, and contributes to ongoing business-practice enhancements
- Interacts regularly with our constituents often times in delicate situations
Information Dissemination Duties:
- Provides information to internal and external constituents
- Converts raw data into useful information using business information tools such as high-level spreadsheets, dashboard tools, or visually-based SQL solutions
- Has an associate’s degree or vocational or technical school degree in information management or related field
- Has a minimum of one year experience in a related field
- Experience that has resulted in the understanding of relational databases, and the use of information within a business environment is a plus
- Is able to build visual-based SQL/similar queries using linked and local data sources, subqueries, and grouping and server-side totaling features
- Fluently uses report layout tools to present information generated by the queries
- Is proficient using advanced Microsoft Office programs and Windows operating systems
If you are interested in this position, please download an application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. Applications must be received no later than November 14, 2018.
Send applications to:
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 N Park Street
Bloomington, IL 61701
Email: [email protected]
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html
Illinois Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity and Inclusive Excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity