This full-time, non-exempt position maintains the University’s electrical systems and equipment. Responsibilities include low voltage, data cabling, fire alarm systems, medium voltage and high voltage system maintenance and construction.
- Inspects, tests, maintains, repairs and replaces:
- Indoor lighting fixtures, outdoor lights (posts and poles), lighting controls, emergency lights, stadium lights and ballasts. Maintain underground wiring systems. Systems in the range of 120-480 volt.
- Branch wiring circuits, wire outlets, relays, conduit, distribution panels, motor control centers, switchgear, transformers, electrical distribution circuit switches and circuit breakers. Work on motor starters contactors, and disconnects. Work can involve systems up to 4100 volts.
- Various low voltage components and systems, including building security, master clocks, fire alarm system components (water flow switches, notification devices, detectors), sound systems, dimming systems, coaxial cable, low voltage wiring and associated control panels.
- Monitor, manage and set up projects around campus. Includes planning work, estimating and arranging materials, equipment and contract work, coordinating with other trades, and obtaining permits and proposals for work. Responsible for inspecting worksite for planned work’s impact on other trades and campus community. Consult with others to ensure safety and prevent outages.
Requirements and Knowledge:
- Electricians license through State of Illinois apprenticeship program – Electricians license required.
- Associate’s Degree, vocational or technical school preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years work related experience.
- Awareness of and adherence to safety protocols are of paramount importance.
- Physically able to climb stairs and ladders, often with equipment. Ability to lift 75-100 lbs.
- This position requires an on-call rotation among crew members.
To apply, please download an application at www.iwu.edu/human-resources/Positions.html. Applications must be received no later than November 14, 2018.
Illinois Wesleyan University
Human Resources, Holmes 209
1312 Park Street
The final candidate will pass a pre-employment background investigation.
Illinois Wesleyan University’s sexual harassment and sexual misconduct policy may be accessed at https://www.iwu.edu/human-resources/SexualMisconductPolicy.html
Illinois Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Inclusive Excellence; details at www.iwu.edu/diversity