University of Miami is considered among the top tier institutions of
higher education in the U.S. for its academic excellence, superior
medical care, and cutting-edge research. At the U, we are committed to
attracting a talented workforce to support our common purpose of
transforming lives through teaching, research, and service. Through our
values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion,
Creativity and Teamwork (DIRECCT) we strive to create an environment
where everyone contributes in making UM a great place to work. We are
one of the largest private employers in Miami-Dade County; home to more
than 13,400 faculty and staff from all over the world.
Provides routine general clerical support or medical-related support which may include patient care, student service, reports, and statistics.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintains calendar, types, provides routine and general clerical support or medical-related support which may include patient care, student service, reports, and statistics.
• Answers telephones, takes messages, answers routine questions, and transfers calls to appropriate individuals.
• Greets visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
• Orders office supplies.
• Composes correspondence or selects standardized formats.
• Prepares financial forms (IDRs, BEFs, Pos, work orders, check requisitions, etc for department).
• May conduct basic account/budget reconciliation.
• May provide ancillary support to physicians, clinical activities, business services, student services, etc.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Duties specific to the College of Arts and Sciences:
• Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to multi-task, provide support to the College’s programs and departments as assigned (including enrollment management, scheduling and instructor services).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Knowledge of MS suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Must have organizational skills.
• Must be customer service-oriented.
Education Requirements (Essential Requirements):
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Work Experience Requirements (Essential Requirements):
• One (1) to four (4) years of experience. Apply online. Position #: P100034653.
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>