Assistant Director of Admission, Lokey School of Business & Public Policy
About Mills College:
Located in Oakland, California, in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, Mills College is a liberal arts college for women and gender non-binary students, with graduate programs for all genders. Consistently ranked one of the top master's universities and one of the best value colleges in the West by U.S. News & World Report, Mills also has been named one of the Best Colleges in the nation by The Princeton Review. The Mills experience is distinguished by small, interactive classes, one-on-one attention from exceptional faculty, a culture of creative experimentation, and cutting-edge interdisciplinary learning opportunities which empower students to make a statement in their careers and communities. As one of the most diverse liberal arts colleges in the country, we have a strong record of academic success with first-generation students, students of color, Latinx students, LGBTQ students, and other underrepresented students. Mills College has recently become a Hispanic Serving Institution. Applicants with expertise and experience in supporting and promoting success for Latina/o students are encouraged to apply.
Mills College encourages diversity in hiring and particularly welcomes applications and nominations from women, gender non-binary individuals, and minorities. Mills College seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to equity, inclusion, and social justice and our desire to maintain the excellence of our faculty. In so doing, we offer our students not only the opportunity to learn about varied disciplines but to engage with diverse perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. For more information, please visit https://www.mills.edu/
Reports to: Director of Admission; dotted line reporting to Dean of the Lokey School
Supervises: Student Workers
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Assistant Director is a member of a dynamic team of dedicated professionals committed to recruiting and enrolling students for the various graduate programs at Mills College. This is a hands-on and interactive role focused on strong relationship building with prospective students, faculty, and staff for the purpose of enrollment in graduate programs for the Lokey School of Business and Public Policy. This position advances the mission and strategic plan of the College by helping to attract qualified students to Mills, and by reinforcing efforts that build awareness of our programs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Develop, Execute, and Evaluate Recruitment Strategies
- Develop and implement strategic recruitment plan for the Lokey School of Business and Public Policy including but not limited to fairs, college visits (2/4 year colleges), and on and off campus presentations to interact with prospective students.
- Coordinate all aspects of recruitment travel through scheduling, transportation and accommodations.
- Attend recruitment and yield events for students and conduct presentations on the benefits of a Mills College education.
- Coordinate and monitor prospective students engagement with the Mills community and Lokey School of Business and Public Policy throughout the enrollment life-cycle.
- Develop and report enrollment data on trends in assigned graduate program territory.
- Build trust and develop strong relationships with faculty and staff in the Lokey School graduate departments to understand their enrollment goals and collaborate with them in recruitment and enrollment efforts.
- Work closely with the Director of Admissions and Admissions Communication Manager to ensure accuracy and authenticity of the communication plan in its representation of the assigned graduate program territory.
- Maintains reports and records on application activity in the Lokey School of Business and Public Policy. Advise program chairs regarding applicants, yield initiatives, and enrollment targets.
- Counsel prospective students through the application cycle to update and submit all required admission documents to complete applications.
- Establish, develop, and maintain communication with prospective students regarding academic programs, student outcomes, and the application and enrollment process, including but not limited to phone, email, in-person, video conference appointments, and presentations.
- Share the responsibility of answering the main admission phone line and email inbox to effectively and quickly answer prospective student questions. Maintain a 24-48 hour response time (business days) in alignment with our commitment to superior customer service.
- Support the Office of Admission in daily functions of serving prospective students through appointments, front desk coverage, on and off campus events, and evening and weekend recruitment and/or yield activities.
- Working closely with the Dean of the Lokey School of Business and Public Policy and faculty directors, to develop innovative approaches to recruiting, marketing, and yield strategies and related events.
- Develop a communication plan to support prospective, applicant, and enrolling student in the Lokey School of Business and Public Policy.
- Work with the dean of the Lokey School of Business and Public Policy to establish and maintain partnerships with external organizations intended to enhance graduate program enrollment.
- Working with the Transfer Admission enrollment team member to support the recruitment and enrollment in the Accelerated Degree Programs.
- Cross train admission staff on general graduate admissions.
- Participate in Bay Area Graduate Admission Program (BAGAP) meetings as a Mills College representative.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including group presentation skills. Professionalism with written and oral correspondence with internal and external individuals.
- Superior customer service skills, focused on student satisfaction that involves tact, patience, and courtesy
- Capacity to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, while managing the priorities and needs of various departments.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning student records and concerns
- Independent execution of tasks, while collaborating with rest of admission team on strategy.
- Collaborative attitude and ability to create and sustain effective working relationships with faculty and staff across a variety of academic disciplines and within a multicultural environment.
- Adeptness in learning intricacies of program offerings and culture and admissions policies and processes.
- Strong commitment to advancing traditionally underrepresented groups in business and public policy
- Ability to work select evenings/weekends, as recruitment schedule demands.
- Ability to travel occasionally (4-6 weeks) throughout the year
- Proficient in computer usage, including but not limited to Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Google Apps, CRM or similar database and tracking systems, manipulation of spreadsheets, touch typing, and more.
- Knowledge of Admissions cycles, processes, procedures and data.
- Knowledge of Admissions recruiting and communications strategies.
- Knowledge of financial aid policies and cycles.
- Event planning experience.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university required. Masters degree in Business, Economics, or Public Policy related fields is preferred.
- 3-5 years of recruitment work experience, preferably in a higher education or business setting.
- The position is located in an office environment on a college campus.
- Recruitment may include travel via car and airplane to staff recruitment events (2-4 hours of standing/sitting) and occasionally transporting marketing materials, often lifting heavy objects between 20-50 pounds.
- Valid drivers license and proof of current vehicle insurance.
- This position description is not intended to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties, or responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned based on business operational needs.
This is a full-time, exempt position with an FTE of 1.0. Salary is $53,000.00 annually and includes an excellent benefits package including medical/dental/vision/life/LTD insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with college-matching after 6 month qualifying period, 22 days of vacation per year, 12 sick days and 10 paid holidays annually. Staff members also receive free admission to campus events, use of the pool, fitness center, and tennis courts. Tuition remission is also available after an introductory period. Voluntary benefits include: pet insurance, long-term care insurance, legal-assistance insurance, cellular provider discounts and computer hardware discounts.
Mills College does not permit discrimination based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity. For more information on Mills non-discrimination policy, please go to https://inside.mills.edu/administration/administrative_offices/policies/nondiscrimination.php.
Please note that all positions are subject to a background check.
To apply, please submit the following at http://mills.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=104417
- Cover letter and
- Contact Information for Three References
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency