Interim, Vice Chancellor, Administrative Services (Up To One Year)
2. Work collaboratively with shared-governance groups, building consensus, in developing and implementing a District budget which balances the academic needs of the colleges with available funding. 3. Direct, supervise and evaluate assigned staff while establishing and maintaining a climate that encourages the development and retention of competent staff, high level morale, and achievement of district goals. 4. Responsible for budget projections and models. 5. Assist in the negotiation and implementation of academic and classified collective bargaining contracts. 6. Act as representative of the District to governmental agencies, civic groups and community. 7. Recommend, develop, coordinate, and implement complex business policy. 8. Responsible for maintenance of financial records and audit trails in accordance with District and State policy; Confer with external and internal auditors in the performance of a variety of fiscal and operational audits. 9. Provide overall supervision of the business operations of the District, including accounting, budget, payroll, warehousing and central receiving, parking, risk management, and purchasing. 10. Work closely with Human Resources to develop and deliver related employee services such as payroll and benefits. 11. Direct and manage grants and investments, bond activities and public/private ventures. 12. Be responsible for state and federal mandated reports. 13. Develop and oversee master plan for land use, facility planning, bid development, and construction activities including new construction, renovation, and maintenance. 14. Direct security and safety on all facilities and grounds. 15. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Interim, Vice Chancellor, Administrative Services (Up To One Year)
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Position #: 1800102
Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Transcript Master's Degree (Must include Award/Confer Date)
INTERIM, MANAGEMENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
First Review Date:
$229,089 - $265,198 Annual Salary (Range EM-3: Executive Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2017-2018). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes District paid medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Supervisor positions also include 22 vacation days, 18 holidays, 12 sick leave days and 6 administrative leave days per year.
The Interim, Vice Chancellor of Administrative Services will report to the Chancellor located at the District Office. This is a full time, 12 months per year, executive management position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work closely with the Chancellor, College Presidents, other administrators and staff at all stages of the budget process. Exercise continuous budget controls to ensure proper expenditures of authorized funds. Assist the Chancellor in establishing budget priorities. Make presentations to the Governing Board.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS Knowledge: 1. Educational institution operations, related laws, regulations, public policies, business and administrative practices; Educational and governmental accounting and audit standards and practices. 2. Knowledge of public/private ventures. 3. Complex information systems. 4. Federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to public higher education. 5. Federal and State Labor Laws. 6. Business management, leadership, supervision. 7. District Policies and Procedures. 8. Knowledge of policing safety security and Emergency Management Systems Skills and Abilities: 1. Effectively communicate critical budgetary issues to the Trustees, leadership groups, the colleges, and the general community; 2. Understand the sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, cultural, disability, religious background, and sexual orientation of community college students and employees. 3. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including writing complex proposals and producing written market-oriented material. 4. Demonstrated ability to effect innovative solutions to management and operational issues. 5. Ability to analyze a wide variety of technical, business, and fiscal issues. 6. Skills to organize, direct, oversee, and lead multi-unit and diverse activities. 7. Proven ability to implement sound business practices and administrative service delivery. 8. Ability to function and communicate effectively in a multilingual/multicultural setting.
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Master’s degree in Business Administration or other related field.
2. Experience working with oversight Boards and collaborative governance structures.
3. Five or more years’ experience in progressively higher management positions in large institutions.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
4. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District's hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. California Community College administrative experience including:
a. Maintenance of financial records and audit trails in accordance with rules, regulations and policies; working with external
and internal auditors in the performance of a variety of fiscal and operational audits.
b. Overall supervision of the business operations, including accounting, budget, payroll, warehousing and central receiving,
parking, risk management, and purchasing.
2. Experience with public/private ventures.
3. Experience with entrepreneurial approaches to fund development.
4. Bilingual abilities, desirable
1. Typical office environment.
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District:
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District's emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Human Resources/Employment Services, 40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113, (408) 270-6414.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Info:
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: https://sjeccd.hiretouch.com. Click "APPLY"):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER (Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
3. RESUME, and
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees (having confer/award dates) or courses. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered. If foreign degrees, must submit Equivalency Certification (See #6 of the Instruction Section below).
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 239-8818
Email: [email protected]
Web site @ https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. or www.sjeccd.edu.
To learn more about us and all our open positions, visit: http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency