Food Services Assistant Manager
Food Services Assistant Manager
Salary: $54,855.00 Annually
Job Type: Management
Job Number: 00107
Closing: 11/26/2018 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia/Tulare/Hanford, CA
Department: Food Services
The Food Services Assistant Manager will contribute to the College of the Sequoias Food Services Department serving all three District campuses by assisting the Food Services Manager in executing department operations. The position assists and supervises a team of students and classified workers in planning, preparation and serving of food, to create and maintain a meaningful experience for customers and staff.
Responsibilities and essential job functions of the Food Services Assistant Manager include but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor operations and takes corrective action to mitigate financial losses and to resolve inventory management issues.
- Assist with food preparation and sales at all District campuses
- Assist in executing catering agreements, estimating costs of special events, preparing catering budgets, and providing catering services.
- Conduct inspections and assure proper operations of food service facilities and equipment.
- Assist in maintaining records and budgets.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate assigned personnel. Acts as a mentor to employees by using discretion in assessing performance, providing feedback and coaching to improve performance.
- Implement branding and strategic marketing to students and staff that addresses the needs and concerns of the community in which the college is located.
- Model a customer-come- first attitude.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and accurately in order to ensure effective department operations. Filter communication to the team as directed by the food services manager.
- Contribute to a positive team environment by observing and recognizing changes or shifts in team morale and performance and communicating them with the food services manager.
- Demonstrate integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes the culture, values, and mission of College of the Sequoias. Maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume and unusual events; continue to keep the department operating to standard and set a positive example to the classified team.
- Develop positive relationships with the classified team by understanding and addressing individual motivations, needs and concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in nutrition, business, culinary arts, or related field, with 2 to 3 years supervisory food service experience in a large public institution or a commercial establishment; or,
- Associate's degree, preferably in nutrition, business, culinary arts, or related field; and 4 years food service experience in a large public institution or a commercial establishment; or
- The equivalent.
- Possession of a valid California driver's license
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a California Serve Safe Manager certificate.
- Food service programs, operations, and activities, or retail food operations.
- Food service production planning and scheduling.
- Applicable federal and state laws and requirements.
- Accounting and Financial management.
- Inventory management.
- Commercial equipment and machinery.
- Sanitation and food safety practices.
- Effective oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Act with a customer comes first attitude and deliver customer service that meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Critically evaluate food products, supplies and equipment.
- Direct the preparation and maintenance of departmental records.
- Work alongside kitchen staff to ensure speed and consistency is maintained.
- Operate a point of sales system.
- Team-building skills.
- Maintain regular and consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Manage and assign student workers efficiently as needed.
- Read, interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Use discretion in providing direction to others.
- Work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform related essential job duties.
- Ability to hear and speak to communicate with students/employees/public.
- Ability to see to read documents.
- Ability to sit and stand for an extended period of time.
- Ability to reach in all directions.
- Ability to operate office and food service equipment.
- Ability to lift moderately heavy objects (40 pounds).
- Cafeteria and office environment.
- Travel to multiple campuses.
- Constant interruptions.
To be considered for this position, applicants must submit:
- An online job application.
- Letter of interest which addresses how the applicant's experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the job duties.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of all college/university work. Official transcripts required upon employment.
Full-time Managers enjoy a number of benefits while working at the College of the Sequoias. These benefits include:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (for more information, please visit "Employee Insurance" on COS' Human Resources webpage at: http://www.cos.edu/About/HumanResources/Pages/Insurance.aspx
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan (STRS or PERS)
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/2253531/food-services-assistant-manager
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency