- Position Summary
- This position reports to the Controller and supports accounting operations by filing documents; reconciling statements; and managing the billing process.
- The Staff Accountant performs a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department including but not limited to:
- Update and maintain accounting sub-ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable)
- Enters data into computer system using defined computer programs
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports
- Reconciles records with internal company employees and management, or external vendors or customers
- Investigates questionable data and recommends actions to resolve any discovered discrepancies
- Manage and enforce the document retention policy including periodic purging of archives
- Manage the on-site storage facility in regards to accounting-related documents
- General banking tasks
- Allocate credit card and petty cash spending to appropriate expense categories
- Maintaining organization and integrity of the accounting records and company files
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum 3 years' experience.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks preferred but not required
- Customer Service Skills
- Excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task a must.
- Paralegal degree or certificate
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other common business software
- Spelling proficiency
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to manage several projects/assignments simultaneously
- Ability to discern when to seek direction and when to use independent judgment
- Maintain a professional demeanor
- Valid driver's license and the ability to travel.
- Ability to effectively use all devices, equipment, computer systems required to fulfill the essential functions of this position.
- Ability to communicate via phone, email, and in person.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.