Senior Payments Analyst
The Department of Shared Services provides a wide range of business, administrative and support services to faculty, staff and students in a high quality, effective and efficient manner. It supports the teaching and research mission of the University by enabling unit-level staff to access and transact support services easily and readily for faculty, staff, and/or students. The department provides successful leadership and management of infrastructure functions delivering effective, efficient and value-adding services and processes to the institution that are directly aligned to customer needs.
The Senior Payments Analyst performs professional duties related to the administration, analysis, and maintenance of university financial applications relating to vendor payments, student refund payments, employee reimbursements, and travel and expense payments. Focus is on control of system operations, timely service provided to internal/external constituents, customers and regulatory compliance.
- Generate, transmit, and reconcile all University system payments on a daily basis.
- Prepare year-end tax notices (1099, 1042) for students, staff, and vendor/suppliers and ensure timely distribution of all notices in accordance with IRS requirements.
- Prepare and test tax filing submissions to the IRS to ensure timely submission deadlines are met.
- Act as a liaison to internal customers in matters pertaining to financial payments.
- Manage vendor processes to ensure accuracy and compliance for maintenance of master list by linking to procurement group.
- Handle returned checks, voided transactions, special transactions and other anomalies.
- Provide assistance to various payments team members as directed by management.
- Perform other special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of payment systems principles and practices and compliance with university policy.
- Understanding and knowledge of business processes and systems.
- Understanding and appreciation for automation and the use of technology as an enabler of high quality services and performance levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of higher education culture, governance, structures and mission.
- Demonstrated focus on customer service and compliance.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years of direct job-related experience.
- Bachelor's degree in related field (i.e. business administration).
- 2-4 years of direct experience in a payments role.
- Experience working in an higher education environment.
- Experience with Banner Finance.
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00pm (MST) Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.