Career Pathways Advisor - Veterans Services
Edison State Community College invites qualified candidates to apply for the full-time position of Career Pathways Advisor – Veterans Services. The Career Pathways Advisor – Veterans Services is an integral part of student support at Edison State by providing holistic academic advising and career development guidance for new and continuing students. The Career Pathways Advisor will assist students in clarifying and achieving realistic goals for personal, social, educational, and career success. Each Career Pathways Advisor also serves as lead in working with a career pathway and a select student population.
To be considered, candidates should include cover letter, resume, and transcripts when completing their online application.
Edison State Community College is an EOE/AA Employer
Career Pathways Advisor Responsibilities:
- Provide enrollment and holistic advising services that include developing personal, social, academic, and career strategies for Edison State students in an assigned Career Pathway.
- Follow a prescribed model of holistic advising that promotes connection and a proactive approach when working with students.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate registration, retention, and completion activities for students in assigned pathway as well as select student groups.
- Provide guidance on all stages of the career process including major selection, career selection, internship referrals, resume writing, and job searching.
- Foster self-advocacy and independence by teaching students how to navigate online systems and processes while connecting students to information and learning opportunities.
- Establish regular communication and meetings with assigned students to encourage continued success and completion as well proactively address issues that may arise.
- Work cross-divisionally and collaboratively college-wide with Student Affairs, Instructional Divisions, and IT for the purpose of increasing student success, retention, and completion targets.
- Collaborate with faculty advisors in creating Student Education Plans as well as addressing issues connected to enrollment, registration, and completion.
- Counsel students who are in academic jeopardy (probation, readmit and at-risk students) as part of the holistic advising model in order to promote academic success and retention.
- Use Colleague system or additional student tracking software to verify majors, courses, transfer credit, and other information relative to the advising process.
- Maintain and uphold FERPA regulations.
- Attend scheduled advising training sessions and stay abreast of curriculum and policy changes.
- Participate in special advising initiatives and projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Veterans Services Responsibilities:
- Be the main contact for veteran students.
- Oversee the operations of the veterans lounge.
- Plan campus-wide activities acknowledging student and employee veterans.
- Assist veterans and dependents who access funds in understanding policies.
- Provide support in reporting to the US government.
- Share knowledge with other advisors.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Qualifications:
A background in academic advising, counseling, education or related field is desirable. Must possess strong organizational and leadership skills, excellent customer service, communication and advisement skills, with the ability to work with a diverse student population and the community at large. Strong computer and technical skills required in Microsoft Office. Ellucian Colleague, WebAdvisor, or related student data software experience a plus.
Required Educational Background:
Bachelor degree required. Master's degree preferred.
Three to five years of related experience. Serving populations within a community college setting is preferred.
Occasional evening and weekend work required.
Supervises following staff:
This position supervises student workers employed in Student Affairs.