Underwriting Manager, WUTC Radio Station
Underwriting Manager, WUTC Radio Station - Requisition # 18000001OR
The primary purpose of this position is to secure underwriting funds through face to face meetings, email and telephone solicitations for WUTC Radio Station. Responsibilities include:
- Writing proposals and generating programming ideas which produce sponsorships and funding.
- Ongoing servicing of some 175 underwriters with rotating underwriting spots.
- Writing, producing, and recording spots and other on air needs.
- On air solicitation during two annual pledge drives.
- Implementing on air strategy through taping testimonials and attaining on air underwriters to give to other nonprofits through “Pet Wars” and the Food Bank’s “Sack Pack Program”
- Negotiating with artists, record producers and entertainment venues to obtain concert tickets to be given away in Pledge Drives.
- Providing supervision for other staff members involved in the acquisition, processing, scheduling and billing of underwriting. These staff members include a part-time underwriting specialist and others who perform underwriting assistance.
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication, Accounting, Business, or other related field is required; Master’s degree preferred. A minimum of 5 years in media sales and production, or fundraising for broadcasting is preferred. This position requires knowledge of radio and broadcasting, specifically radio and media sales; knowledge of the Chattanooga media market is essential. This position requires knowledge of marketing and media trends necessary to solicit and secure underwriting and program funding to support the station operation and an understanding of radio ratings and schedules. This position requires proven fund-raising and sales skills, excellent writing and oral communication skills. Broadcast operating equipment and media production and editing skills (or ability to learn). Basic computer technology expertise is required. This position requires the ability to record underwriting spots, requiring a crisp and clear speaking voice. This position requires driving to meetings with clients and prospective clients, including some weekend, evening and overnight travel. A valid driver’s license is required.
Applications must be sent electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000001OR
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.