Job ID: 15202
Position # 00002543
The Robert B. Greenblatt, M.D. Library of Augusta University invites applications for the position of Allied Health Sciences Librarian at the faculty rank of Instructor. The primary focus of this full-time, non-tenure track faculty position is to provide customized library services to the College of Allied Health Sciences faculty, students and staff.
The Allied Health Sciences Librarian provides personalized and customized research and education support via an embedded service model to the College of Allied Health Sciences. The successful candidate will develop customized instruction, both in-person and online, throughout the allied health curriculum. This position will be responsible for providing specialized reference and research consultations for allied health faculty, students and/or clinicians. The Allied Health Sciences Librarian will work collaboratively with library faculty to facilitate instruction, collection development, distance education and emerging instructional technology within the department and university. This position is responsible for providing information services to distance students.
Specifically, the Allied Health Sciences Librarian:
- Provides health information literacy instruction and research instruction and assistance
- Engages in an embedded service model for College of Allied Health Sciences faculty, students and staff
- Collaborates with library faculty to support instruction, distance education and emerging instructional technology
- Participates in service to Augusta University Libraries, the profession and Augusta University
- Demonstrates a capacity for scholarly productivity
- Provides assistance and instruction in person and in the virtual environment
The Allied Health Sciences Librarian will be the embedded librarian for College of Allied Health Sciences educational and accrediting committees, and serve on library and institutional committees as a faculty member.
The Allied Health Sciences Librarian is expected to be active professionally in local, regional, and national professional associations and to contribute to the professional literature.
Augusta is a vibrant community with an affordable cost of living. Schools in the area are desirable and include several magnet schools. Augusta University includes a new Cyber Institute in partnership with the local Army base. Augusta hosts the annual Masters Golf Tournament as well as an annual ironman competition. It also has a lively arts community and is the home of the Greenjackets minor league baseball team, an affiliate of the San Francisco Giants. Augusta is near other attractive communities to visit such as Atlanta, Savannah, Columbia, SC and Asheville, NC.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
- Master’s degree in library science from an ALA accredited program Experience in a health sciences library or other health sciences environment Knowledge and experience with current electronic health information resources and services Flexibility to work collaboratively in a cross-trained team environment Excellent written communication and interpersonal skills Strong user-focused customer service skills and abilities Evidence of ability to meet university standards in librarianship, teaching, publication and research, and service commensurate with faculty status
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year relevant professional experience
- Familiarity with the academic health center environment and the role of the library within it
- Experience working with allied health faculty, students and/or clinicians
- Subject background in the health or life sciences, or in information technology
- Experience in initiating creative and innovative information services programs
- Experience with performing in-depth literature reviews including, but not limited to systematic reviews
- Experience with LibGuides or other tools for developing online research guides
- Collaborative planning and problem solving abilities; ability to implement and manage programs and projects
- Pursuit of membership in the Academy of Health Information Professionals
- Knowledge of best practices and emerging trends for instruction
- Experience with citation management software
This position has faculty rank and status (non-tenure track). Generous benefits include a competitive health package, Tuition Assistance Program, campus wellness facilities, Perks at Work discount program, Teachers’ Retirement System, and other retirement options. Support for professional development is also available. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
How To Apply
To be considered an applicant for this position your must apply online at http://www.augusta.edu/hr/jobs/faculty.
Please upload your Curriculum Vitae, Research Statement, Professional References, etc., as one document.
Conditions of Employment
All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review. For specific positions, the final candidate may be subject to a (pre-employment) physical, drug screen, and/or credit check.
The final candidate will be required to provide proof of completed academic degree in the form of an original transcript. Those candidates trained by a foreign institution will also be required to provide an educational/credential evaluation.
This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success." Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Augusta University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. Also, Augusta University is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.