Business Analyst I
Job Purpose: Provide liaison services between functional user and technical systems groups in the development or modification of information systems. Participate in the definition of user business requirements and monitors related application implementation.
- Document and analyze user business processes and requirements.
- Participate in development of specifications and test plans associated with system development or modification.
- Confer with and provide support to technical group in systems development.
- Conduct testing of new or modified systems.
- Facilitate communications between user and technical group.
- Prepare reports and other documentation related to system assignments.
- Provide ongoing user support including troubleshooting of system issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or IT related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Two to three years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires a basic knowledge of standard documentation processes, business system architecture and associated technologies. Skills in data organization and analysis, problem solving, systems documentation and report writing as applied within assigned system(s) is required as are skills in cross communication between functional user and technical groups.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: Working in higher education
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: Experience writing and maintaining documentation for policies and procedures. Experience writing SQL. Financial aid and BANNER experience.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Document, monitor, and analyze business processes and requirements for financial aid eligibility, including but not limited to Verification and Packaging, within the Operations team.
• Participate in the development of specifications and test plans associated with system modifications or enhancements of business processes within the Operations team.
• Facilitate communications between Operations team and internal technical team within the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid to help evaluate systematic problems.
• Prepare Crystal, SQL, and Banner reports and other documentation related to system assignments.
• Execute assigned processes essential to the delivery of Federal and State Program funds.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: assigned user group management and staff, technical project management and staff. This position typically will advise and counsel: NA. This position will supervise: NA.
Department Description The mission of the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid (OSFA) is to assist students and families in the application for and receipt of financial resources to help them meet the educational expenses to attend Georgia Tech. The Office supports the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse student body. The Office strives to provide excellent service to our applicants and recipients; administer funds and programs effectively and efficiently and in compliance with all regulations, rules, policies and procedures; exercise good stewardship of all funds entrusted to us; and serve as an advocate for the strategic financial support for students.