Faculty Affairs Support Specialist
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health |Office of Faculty Affairs
Faculty Affairs Support Specialist
Position: 753189 Requisition: 14645
The OFFICE OF FACULTY AFFAIRS at the Colorado School of Public Health has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) position at the rank of Faculty Affairs Support Specialist
The OFFICE OF FACULTY AFFAIRS is the premier point of contact for all aspects of a faculty member's academic life. We explain faculty laws, policies and procedures, advise, and provide appointments for all ranks and tracks for five Departments and seven Centers. We provide guidance to our faculty in the different stages of their academic career, manage comprehensive faculty performance and promotion reviews and offer diverse faculty development opportunities.
Within this area of expertise, the OFFICE OF FACULTY AFFAIRS seeks an individual with experience in and an aptitude for processing comprehensive yet detail-oriented tasks and projects within tight deadlines. The Faculty Affairs Support Specialist will collaborate with the School's Faculty and administration. The incumbent will perform his/her tasks independently and respond in a flexible manner to the various needs of our office while showing utmost diplomacy and tact in a demanding academic environment.
The Colorado School of Public Health, celebrating its 10th anniversary, is a collaborative endeavor involving the University of Colorado Denver (CU Denver), Colorado State University (CSU), and the University of Northern Colorado (UNC). The Colorado School of Public Health is the first and only accredited school of public health in the Rocky Mountain Region, attracting top tier faculty and students from across the country, and providing a vital contribution towards ensuring our region's health and wellbeing. Collaboratively formed in 2008 by the University of Colorado Denver, CSU and UNC, the Colorado School of Public Health provides training, innovative research and community service to actively address public health issues including chronic disease, access to healthcare, environmental threats, emerging infectious diseases, and costly injuries.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The University receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colorado, a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
This position will report directly to Faculty Affairs Program Director and will also receive input and direction from the Associate Dean for Faculty.
This position will not supervise other employees.
Examples of Work Performed:
The tasks and responsibilities of the Faculty Affairs Support Specialist will encompass of the following three areas of expertise:
a) Faculty Appointments
- Support and facilitate the faculty appointment process for all tracks and ranks: Prepare appropriate documentation for each search/appointment, create faculty positions in HCM / Taleo, prepare committee reviews as applicable, and assist with letters of offer, job descriptions, memoranda, and agreements.
- Process visa applications as applicable in collaboration with the University's ISSS.
b) OFA Lifecycle
- Assist with mid-term reviews (MTR), promotion & tenure reviews (P&T), and post-tenure reviews (PTR), e.g., solicit external reviewer letters for P&T dossiers and prepare appropriate documentation for the reviewing committees.
c) OFA Administration
- Maintain accurate faculty personnel files and tracking systems.
- Prepare the annual faculty evaluations as well as monthly and annual faculty reports.
Additional special projects may be assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary target for this position has been established at $50,000 for 1.0 FTE and the actual salary is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
* Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.
* Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans.
The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor's degree
- Substitution: technical/paraprofessional experience for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Master's degree in business administration or related field.
- Proven experience of working independently on projects that require advanced organizational skills and utmost focus, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with reading, explaining and applying faculty laws, policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Experience with faculty affairs or human resources in an academic institution.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Professional and Adobe Acrobat.
Competencies, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to identify and analyze problems and to determine best solutions for the individual case.
- Flexibility in responding to the needs of Deans, Chairs, and faculty.
- Ability to manage complex projects along the requirements of timelines and due dates.
- Ability and aptitude for learning and applying new techniques in the areas of faculty affairs, personnel systems, and communication.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers The review of applications will begin immediately and the deadline to apply is close of business Nocvember 14, 2018. Required Application Materials 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) 4. In a separate document, please briefly explain what attracts you to a position in Faculty Affairs - upload and attach your answer as a requirement for consideration for this position. Questions should be directed to Elizabeth Wyatt at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20133 - CSPH-Dean General Operation
Posting Date: Oct 31, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Elizabeth Wyatt
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00753189