Administrative Assistant III
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
University of Colorado Denver
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences - Health & Behavioral Sciences
Administrative Assistant III
Position #00754058 - Posting 15058
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus seeks an Administrative Assistant III to work in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at CU Denver in downtown Denver. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
In the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers-CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The purpose of this full-time, state classified administrative assistant III position is to provide administrative support to the department, largely in the areas of database management and communications/marketing/outreach. The person in this position will also greet public, and support faculty and graduate students
Examples of Work Performed:
- Greet public, faculty, staff, and students in person, by e-mail, and by phone; serve as a liaison to co-teachers, instructors, and teaching assistants
- Help solve problems for students, staff, faculty and walk-ins. Answer straightforward questions where possible and provide information about the University, the Department, its programs and degrees, deadlines and processes, etc. Determine proper academic referrals within the Department and University as appropriate to advising, Graduate School, or other offices (including referrals to the Program Assistant or faculty as appropriate).
- Manage all aspects of day-to-day operations of the front office of the HBS department by fostering effective service delivery, scheduling meetings/space, coordinating catering as needed, helping plan department events, managing incoming and outgoing mail.
- Collaborating with the Program Assistant to identify opportunities to improve processes and implement plans to follow through.
- Additional related tasks as assigned by the PA or Chair.
- Front office: maintain reception area, copy room and kitchen; maintain HBS postings on bulletin board and front door; photocopier maintenance; maintenance of paper/toner supplies; ordering office and cleaning supplies as needed.
- Graduate lab: coordinate locker checkouts, computers/printer, software, troubleshooting.
- Faculty: business cards, stationery, nameplates, helping with computer/software installation and troubleshooting, telephones, furniture, etc.
- Graduate Students: support with stipends, internal funding applications, questions about registration and graduate school protocols.
- Serve as first point of contact for facilities issues throughout the department
- Place orders with Program Assistant using appropriate purchasing procedures, adhere to purchasing guidelines and requirements, and complete necessary paperwork.
- Serve as a point of contact for instructional needs, particularly related to co-teaching with CSPH: photocopying/scanning requests, intercampus mail requests, proctoring exams, textbook orders, coordinating FCQs
- Gather complete and timely data and periodically produce reports from databases.
- In collaboration with the Graduate and Undergraduate Directors and the Program Assistant, ensure quality database and digital file maintenance for syllabi repository, alumni/ae lists, faculty computer replacement records, recruitment contacts for PhD program.
- Support coordination of graduate applications and faculty admissions review process in collaboration with Graduate Director and Program Assistant.
- Coordinate mailing of recruitment materials in collaboration with Directors.
- Support any trainings or orientations as needed for Teaching Assistants or new graduate students.
- Related tasks as assigned.
Salary and Benefits:
Hiring Salary Range: $3,528 - $3,900 / month (non-negotiable)*
*The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.
Employees hired into these positions are eligible for University benefits. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits program, including eligibility, is located at www.cu.edu/employee-services.
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact by phone or email at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
- Three years of general clerical experience.
- College or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute on a year-for-year basis for the general clerical experience.
- Experience entering and approving data in a web based data management system
- Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience screening and routing calls in a high volume environment
- Experience working with PeopleSoft or similar HR management system
- Experience working in a human resources environment
- Meeting, conference or event coordination experience
Special Instructions to Applicants:Classified Staff positions have specific application requirements: Submit all required documents indicated in this posting. Include a current email address as communication is electronic-based. Failure to complete a timely application may result in the rejection of your application. Applications MUST be completed in their entirety, including job title, duties, months and years employed, and hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Address qualifications, competencies and preferred qualifications in your application, as these along with previous work experience will be used to assess competencies. Answers will be verified against your application and may be checked with references. False information could lead to your removal from the hiring process. Click here to view Veteran and other General Information regarding Classified Staff positions.
For those who meet minimum qualifications, the comparative analysis process will include one or all of the following: • Preferred Qualifications Application Review based on the preferred qualifications listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated and rated against the preferred qualifications based on information submitted within their application materials). Note: Candidates are not physically present for this portion of the comparative analysis.• Interview with a recruiter based on the job requirements, preferred qualifications and competencies listed in the posting. (Candidates will be evaluated, scored and ranked based on oral responses). You will be notified via email if the comparative analysis process changes or includes additional assessment tools other than those listed above.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Additional Attachments - Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: This announcement is open until November 14th, 2018. To apply, please submit the following materials to this posting: A cover letter and resume that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. Your resume MUST include job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Resumes are part of the comparative analysis (selection process) and will be used as part or all of the comparative analysis process to rank candidates
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30160 - CLAS-Health&BehavioralSciences
Posting Date: Oct 31, 2018
Closing Date: Nov 14, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Posting Contact Name: Ryan Untisz
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00754058