Program Coordinator - Illini Union Board (104366)
Program Coordinator - Illini Union Board
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Illini Union at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is seeking a talented student affairs professional to serve as a Program Coordinator. As the community center of the University, the Illini Union draws together all members of the University with approximately 16,000 visits of students, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests on a daily basis.
This position will advise students in the creation, development, implementation and execution of the Illini Union Board (IU Board), Illini Union, and University programs as well as leadership development of board members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Serves as the staff advisor to appropriate programming/event-planning committees and Illini Union Board members in conjunction with the Illini Union Board. Provides proper education and training. Provides proper support, guidance and challenge.
2. Assists with various IU Board budget development and financial expenditures. Processes payment requests in accordance to University policies and processes, including use of University payment systems.
3. Participates in contract negotiations for entertainment and responsible for routing of contracts in University system. Keeps accurate records and documents.
4. Coordinates publicity and marketing efforts with the Illini Union Marketing Department.
5. Serves as a resource person to various groups, including Illini Union Board members and volunteers, Registered Student Organizations, Illini Union Staff, and U of I Departments.
6. Offers appropriate support and referrals to students regarding personal issues.
7. Attends meetings and specific events associated with the Illini Union, Illini Union Board, Illini Union Student Programs & Activities Office, and the Division of Student Affairs.
8. Serves as a liaison to all Board member regarding programmatic, administrative, and policy issues. Provides necessary support, guidance, education, and challenges at meetings.
9. Performs detailed execution of work as related to all job responsibilities - including communication regarding work status to supervisor and those related to the Illini Union Board administration/advisement.
10. Performs other duties and additional responsibilities as assigned.
Two years of experience that included student activities, development, and event-planning.
Successful candidates will have an understanding of the process of advising and supervising students; an awareness of current needs, trends and issues in the area of Higher Education, Student Affairs and Student Activities; and a familiarity with human psychology, student development and group dynamics principles. Requires an understanding of and commitment towards issues regarding inclusivity.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Program Coordinator position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after November 14, 2018. Salary is commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (transcripts or diploma) by November 14, 2018. An online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three references. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Illini Union Human Resources and Administrative Shared Services 217-333-3660, [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: Illini Union
Title: Program Coordinator - Illini Union Board (104366)
Open Date: 10/31/2018
Close Date: 11/14/2018
Organization Name: Illini Union