Office Support Assistant
Office Support Assistant
University Information Service - 150501
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday between the hours of 8 am - 5 pm
Inspire Park opened as a business incubator space in October. With classroom spaces opening in Jan. 2019, Inspire Park will provide partnership-based educational opportunities for the business community. Students will benefit from opportunities for hands-on problem solving while industry partners will enjoy affordable access to advanced research facilities and assets.
Inspire Park will include classroom and laboratory spaces designed to enhance collaborative learning. Students at Inspire Park will be able to connect with our industry partners in classroom projects and research opportunities.
The University Information Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Office Support Assistant to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Able to adjust schedule and work tasks periodically according to facility needs
* Flexible schedule; may be required to work after hours, and during UNT closures.
* Answer phones, screen and direct calls.
* Greet persons entering the building.
* Direct persons to correct destination.
* Handle inquiries from customers within and outside of the university.
* Prepare professional e-mail correspondence as needed.
* Receive and sort mail and deliveries.
* Maintain phone message log manually and electronically.
* Provide general administrative and clerical support.
* Provide administrative office coverage.
* Tidy and maintain the reception area, printer area, meeting rooms and break room.
* Assist in the monitoring and maintenance of office equipment.
* Assist in managing office supply inventory.
* Additional duties will be assigned as the position evolves.
* Maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
* Perform varied duties such as copying, running errands, answering. the telephone and assisting visitors.
* Be familiar with all aspects of office operations.
* Be familiar with the programs, services, policies and procedures of the UNT Frisco facility.
* Be on time for work and work hours as scheduled.
* Make effective use of work time.
* Complete all tasks assigned in an accurate, prompt and thorough manner.
* Dress appropriately for an office setting.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a High school diploma and one year of moderately responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Advanced customer service skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep records, to assemble and organize data, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize assignments and tasks.
* Ability to work on confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Be able to communicate and interact positively and effectively.
* Possess sound judgment and strong organizational skills.
* Possess the ability to function autonomously.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Be familiar filing and telephone reception; familiar with Microsoft word, excel & outlook.
* Must be well organized.
* Be able to lift and carry 25 lbs.
* Maintain professional appearance.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter and three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Quicklink for Posting