Human Resources Operations Specialist - ACES Administration (104938)
Human Resources Operations Specialist
ACES Human Resources
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Human Resources Operations Specialist is part of a six-person team, reporting to the Director of ACES Human Resources, that has responsibility for key ACES human resource functions and providing support to University of Illinois Extension offices and academic departments within the College of ACES. Duties performed require the development of extensive knowledge of University human resources policies and procedures, the ability to consult a diverse array of constituents, and handling sensitive and confidential information on a day-to- day basis. The work of the office provides centralized, shared services that support employees that work throughout the entire State of Illinois.
HUMAN RESOURCE DUTIES
• Coordinate the hiring activity for all employee groups, including but not limited to position development and approval, end-to-end search documentation and approvals, recruitment advertising, search team training, interview participation and coordination, reference checks, and background checks. Serve as back up for appointments processing on an as-needed basis, and particularly during peak processing periods.
• Work closely with Illinois Human Resources' centralized office on campus and the Office of Access and Equity with respect to affirmative action plans and equal employment opportunity practices.
• Assist in the development and distribution of procedures and templates used in HR search process and transaction processing to drive efficient operations within ACES HR.
• Coordinate, monitor and enhance robust policies and procedures related to visa processing and paperwork: work closely with the International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) office, ACES departments and foreign nationals throughout the various processes: convey foreign national and visa processing policies and proper procedures to faculty and staff within ACES.
• Provide timely, efficient service for all appointments processing, including insight and recommendations on various appointment requests (often non-standard appointments).
• Responsible the administration and oversight of bi-weekly staff payroll approval
• Responsible for the administration and oversight of employee leaves of absence to include Family Medical Leave and communicating leave practices and policies, and ensure compliance throughout the College of ACES.
• Interpret and implement policies and procedures related to the federal Family Medical Leave Act as well as other laws/policies related to employee leaves such as the campus Shared Benefits, Disability Leave, the Americans with Disabilities Act, etc.
• Provide training to employees and supervisors regarding leave practices and policies, the performance management process, HR electronic systems, and other HR related topics.
• Consult with supervisors and employees in regards to personnel issues, utilizing campus resources such as the campus HR office and Faculty Staff Assistance Service when necessary.
• Work autonomously and independently to conduct research, interpret findings, and make recommendations for various HR related appointments and hiring practices given the complex, interdisciplinary nature of many units within the College of ACES.
• Work with other staff to help with projects or overload as needed.
• Track and monitor compliance for assigned units in areas such as: Performance Reviews, Ethics Training, ANCRA Training, AVSL reporting, Reporting of Non University Activities, and Title IX Training in the College of ACES to include University of Illinois Extension Developing a working knowledge of the guidelines and procedures of these mandatory trainings is necessary to accomplish and follow through.
• Work closely with a variety of constituents to make such recommendations and provide feedback (i.e various central HR offices, other colleges, etc.).
• Assume appropriate HR related additional duties to further the mission of the departments and the College.
• Provide support for senior administrator searches within the college. Serve as the search coordinator for some College positions under the direction of the Associate Director. This includes multiple contacts with search committee chairs, search committee members and applicants. This person is also responsible for placement of job announcements for recruiting purposes, room reservations, meal coordination, and travel accommodations.
• Responsible for developing and implementing a file maintenance strategy.
• Responds to general communications that are not directed to one particular focus area.
Bachelor's degree in human resources administration, labor relations, business administration, or a field related to the position and two years of work experience performing professional-level human resources duties.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Human Resource Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close date. Salary is commensurate with experience.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND DEADLINE INFORMATION
To apply for this position, please create a candidate profile at https://jobs.illinois.edu and upload your cover letter, resume (months and years of employment must be included), and academic credentials (transcripts or diploma) by November 14. An online application will require names and contact information including email addresses for three references. In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for the position. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information regarding application procedures, you may contact Zach Wier, [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu
College Name or Administrative Unit: ACES
Title: Human Resources Operations Specialist - ACES Administration (104938)
Open Date: 10/31/2018
Close Date: 11/14/2018
Organization Name: Admin and Finance