Procurement - 927100
Is this an internal posting only?
M-F 8-5 w/ flex and overtime as needed
The University of North Texas System Procurement Services department serves all campuses in the UNT System by supporting purchasing for the institutions and providing oversight for procurement of materials and services as well as contract management and the HUB program. The Procurement Services department is locatedat the UNTS Business Service Center, an off campus center in Denton, which houses Accounting and Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and other Finance areas that provide core services to the University of North Texas in Denton, the UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth, the University of North Texas at Dallas, and the System Administration in downtown Dallas. UNTS Procurement Services is seeking a highly motivated procurement professional to join their team. This position is located in Denton, TX.
The Procurement Department is seeking to hire a Senior Buyer to join our team. The Senior Buyer performs highly complex (senior-level) purchasing and procurement work. Work involves planning, organizing, coordinating, and preparing bid specifications; preparing procurement documents; and maintaining records of items purchased, received, prepared, and issued. May supervise the work of others. Works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Ensuring laws, policies and applicable State purchasing guidelines are followed.
* Processing purchase orders, procurement card orders, requests for quotes, requests for bids and other purchasing functions to ensure workflow continuity.
* Ensuring that all job processes are documented and updated, providing backup as needed within division and filling in where needed to provide continuity of workflow; cross-training on tasks in other areas of Procurement Services, and staying abreast of guidelines, standards and processes for the entire organization.
* Acting as liaison with vendors, departmental purchasing representatives and AP staff to ensure the procure- to-pay process is completed effectively and efficiently.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree and three years of experience in accounting and/or auditing or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, abilities, and skills, including experience directly supervising others.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Thorough knowledge of or ability to quickly learn applicable laws, codes regulations, standards, methods and practices related to purchasing and payments.
* Ability to provide high-quality customer service and maintain those standards for the area.
* Ability to work accurately with numerical detail consistently and to perform accounting operations legibly.
* Ability to keep detailed records; to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Demonstrated ability in coordinating and supervising the work of others.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Higher education experience
* State of Texas procurement experience
* PeopleSoft experience
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter and a list of three professional references with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting