Housing-Custodial - 163801
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday 6:00am - 2:30 pm
UNT Housing Custodial Services prides itself on providing an exceptionally clean and sanitary environment for students, faculty and visitors to our campus.
The Housing Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Custodian to join our team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Cleaning and sanitation tasks in an assigned building or work area, as well as occasional special work projects.
* Application of proper cleaning methods and materials.
* Work under general supervision of assigned supervisory staff in accordance with established routines.
* Work is reviewed and evaluated through inspection of work performed.
* Specific duties may vary depending upon the type of facility to be cleaned.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
There are no minimum education or experience requirements. The following knowledge, abilities and skills are required:
* Ability to follow oral and written instructions ability to read and understand labels on chemicals.
* Ability to apply mathematical concepts to complete tasks (example: measuring and mixing chemicals).
* Sufficient knowledge of cleaning methods and the proper use of cleaning equipment.
* Ability to operate vacuum cleaner, floor waxer, floor buffer, and other cleaning equipment.
* Physical ability to perform work involving standing, stooping, operating cleaning equipment, and lifting of materials and equipment.
* Ability to recognize and to report maintenance needs in buildings.
* Knowledge of safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Quicklink for Posting