UNTH Pediatrics - 346600
The UNTH Pediatrics - Allergy and Immunology Clinic Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Medical Assistant to join our team and will perform administrative and clinical duties under the direction of a physician. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, billing and coding information for insurance purposes.
* Clinical duties may include preparing treatment room for patient exams, taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, drawing blood, assisting with procedures, specimen collection and preparation to send to lab, and administering medications as directed by the physician.
*Maintains good, positive working relationship with physicians and staff members.
* Follows all departmental and organizational policies and procedures with regard to patient safety, quality management, infection control, and human resources.
* Completes patient forms as necessary utilizing the Electronic Medical Record.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
High school diploma or GED and three (3) years of related experience. Requires graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Bilingual skills (English/Spanish) preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Work is performed indoors in office or clinical setting; may be exposed to airborne communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens or bodily fluids, hazardous materials, and toxic or caustic chemicals
Physical Job Requirements:
Constantly required to climb, feel (textures and temperatures), use fine motor skills (pinching, gripping, etc.), hear, push, pull, sit, stand, stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl,, talk, taste, smell, walk, use near and far vision, and discriminate colors; frequently required to use a keyboard, mouse, and other computer equipment and lift up to 35lbs.; occasionally required to reach and lift more than 35 lbs.
Application Types Accepted
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?
Require a certification?
If required, please list all certifications required for this position.
Medical Assistant Certification and BLS certified.
Official Job Title
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled