Automotive Technician Assistant - Facilities & Services (105420)
Automotive Technician Assistant
Facilities & Services
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Employees at this level assist Technicians and perform basic, entry-level work and services on various vehicles and equipment.
An Automotive Technician Assistant typically -
1. dispenses fuel, checks and refills fluid levels and changes oil and filters, as necessary
2. makes minor adjustments and repairs on equipment (such as repairing and/or replacing tires, head and tail lamps, muffler clamps, windshield wipers, and brakes and balancing wheels)
3. checks equipment for defects (such as cracked or broken hoses or belts, worn tires, and inoperative lights)
4. removes and replaces batteries
5. oils and greases equipment
6. test drives vehicles to assure proper working order, and delivers vehicles for servicing or refueling
7. cleans vehicles
8. cleans garage area and maintains shop equipment
9. disassembles and cleans vehicle parts
10. assists with mechanical and body repair work, as necessary
11. performs other related duties as assigned
1. Possession of a valid driver license as required by the State of Illinois for the type of motor vehicle(s) to be operated by the incumbent. Specialty Factor for this position: Commercial Driver's License with endorsements for air brakes, passengers, tanker, trailer, and hazardous materials.
For more information about this classification:
This Automotive Technician Assistant position is a 100%-time, benefits-eligible civil service position. The work schedule is to be determined (37.5 hours per week, 12 months per year). The minimum salary is $17.79 per hour.
To apply, submit a Civil Service application at jobs.illinois.edu and an exam request form for Automotive Technician Assistant. Documents such as college transcripts (unofficial are accepted), resumes, driver's license, professional licenses, and certifications should be uploaded to the application by the time you submit an exam request, as these documents may be required for your exam.
Do not apply if you are a current employee working in this classification. Current employees may request to be added to the Transfer List.
Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for testing and other correspondence from [email protected] and [email protected].
For further information regarding application procedures, contact Staff Human Resources at 217-333-2137 or [email protected].
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. To learn more about the University's commitment to diversity, please visit http://www.inclusiveillinois.illinois.edu.
College Name or Administrative Unit: Facilities & Services
Category: 7-Service Operations
Title: Automotive Technician Assistant - Facilities & Services (105420)
Open Date: 10/31/2018
Close Date: 11/05/2018
Organization Name: FandS Fleet Ops